XL

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 | Death of a Viper

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕿he tapping of a raven's beak pounded through Lyra's skull as she woke with a groan. The light filtering in through the curtains pierced through her eyelids, as Lyra rolled back over and curled further into her husband's side to go back to sleep once more.

"Are you feeling better?" Joffrey murmured, brushing her hair off of her face, as Lyra felt his hand against her forehead. "You do not have as much as a temperature as you did last night."

"I had a good nights sleep," Lyra replied, before opening her eyes to meet her husband's. "There's a raven at the window."

He hummed, before turning around and pulling himself out of bed. Lyra watched him, admiring the bare skin of her husband's back, the muscles that rippled beneath that as he trudged over to the window and opened it. He plucked the message from the raven's legs, before joining Lyra back on the bed. 

She leant back into his chest, as he handed her the scroll and wrapped his arms around her once more.

"Who is it from?" Joffrey murmured, pressing a kiss to her head as Lyra opened it and began to read. 

"Eliza, Joff," Lyra replied, reading through it quickly. "Robb and her have had their first child together. A boy."

"That's wonderful news for them," Joffrey replied, resting his chin on her shoulder. "Anything else?"

"Oh, the Iron Born are raiding the coasts again and Sansa and Arya are still yet to be found," They sat in silence, as Lyra placed the scroll on the bedside table. "We should bring this up to the Small Council at our next meeting."

"We should," Joffrey replied, before noticing that Lyra had fallen silent and was twirling her wedding ring around her finger. "If your sisters were dead, then we would have heard about it. We've heard nothing, so let us hope for the best."

Lyra rolled over, pressing a kiss to Joffrey's lips before curling back into his side.

"We have a few more hours until we have to be up," He pulled the covers back up to their shoulders, settling into the bed once more. "Let us make the most of it."

✧✦✧

{ Joffrey }

Joffrey woke later to Lyra shifting behind him as Arah woke her. He opened his eyes slowly, sitting up as he watched Arah dress Lyra, before he left the comforts of his bed to dress himself. Elia padded between the two, waiting for either of them to un-tense and feed her.