XLVIII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 | Snakes in the Grass

{ Joffrey }

✧✦✧

𝕿he chamber had only just fallen silent, Mikael fast asleep in his crib, Lyra beside him. Joffrey eased himself up from the bed, after pressing a kiss to Lyra's head, closing the door to the bedroom as softly as he possibly could. Elia opened one eye, stretching as she weaved around Joffrey's leg.

"Elia," Joffrey made sure to give the large wolf a lot of attention, knowing that the dog was missing Lyra and being able to climb on the bed. Lyra had banned her from doing so, fearing that Elia might accidentally roll over and crush the baby, for the large dog did not know her own strength sometimes. "Do you want some bacon?"

Elia's tail thumped against the floor, causing Joffrey to chuckle lightly and hand the dog the meat. Her tail grew faster, swishing along the stone like a broom, as Joffrey sat down in the head of the chair.

The pair were silent, leaving Joffrey to flick through notes on Small Council meetings and propositions that were being brought forward for him to review. Elia lay across his feet, warming his toes and chewing on her bacon.

"Your Grace?" Joffrey looked up, seeing Rolan in the doorway. "Sorry to disturb you, but Lord Baelish is here to talk to you."

"Baelish?" Joffrey cocked an eyebrow. He had been under the impression that Baelish was still at the Eyrie. "Why is he here?"

"I'm not sure, Your Grace," Rolan replied. "Shall I send him in?"

"Fine,"

"Thank you for allowing me to speak to you at such a time, Your Grace," Petyr Baelish looked much the same as the last time that Joffrey had seen him, a simpering smile on his face as he tried to suck up to the young king. "I must say, congratulations to you and your wife on the birth of your heir."

Joffrey inclined his head, as Elia shook and stood up to rest her head on the table and glare at Baelish. The young king ran a hand through Elia's fur, scratching behind her ear as he wondered why the rat was here.

"What can I do for you, Baelish?"

"I was just coming to ask for information as I recently found out that Loras Tyrell was arrested by the Faith," Lord Baelish shook his head. "How terrible for the Princess Margaery to have her brother arrested."

"Is there a point that you are trying to make or are you trying to see whether or not this information is correct?"

"I have a point, Your Grace," Joffrey waved his hand, waiting for the man to get on with it. "I was wondering how you plan on getting Loras Tyrell out."