LXIII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 | The Squid 

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕴f there was one thing that Lyra had learnt over the years of being married to Joffrey Baratheon, it was that the man was incredibly good at pushing his emotions down. But in the short amount of time that Mikael had been with them, Lyra had started to notice her husband open up, even if it was only a small step at a time.

Cracking open her eyes, she winced at the sunlight, patting around to try and feel for her husband. The bed was still warm, meaning that he hadn't been up for much longer than she had.

"Joff?" Pushing herself up onto her forearms, Lyra continued to look around, before hearing hushed voices from the other room. "Joff?"

"Morning," Lyra opened the door, finding her husband sitting on the floor with Mikael in his arms, both basking in the sun. They both turned to look at her, the same small smile on their face.

"Mummy!" Lyra grinned, wrapping Mikael into a hug as she sank down next to her husband. "Missed you."

She squeezed her son a little tighter at those words, before leaning into Joffrey's side as he pressed a soft kiss to her temple. 

"You should have woken me up."

"You looked so peaceful, I couldn't bare to." Joffrey replied, letting his head fall to her shoulder as both father and son hugged her tighter. 

"Your Grace." There came a knock at the door, causing Joffrey to sigh and pull away from his family. Lyra whistled for Elia, watching as her husband pulled a shirt over his head and opened the doors to their chamber.

"Yes, Rolan?"

"I'm sorry to disturb you, Your Grace, I know you asked not to but there's a man by the name of Euron Greyjoy here and he's demanding to speak with you."

"Tell him I'm busy and to come back tomorrow." Joffrey crossed his arms over his chest.

"He says he's your father-by-law and as such demands that he has an audience with you." Lyra looked up at the mention of parents, knowing that this meant Cersei had remarried. Joffrey had gone tense, his eyes growing cold and Lyra wanted to reach for him, but Mikael was still in her lap. "What should I tell him, Your Grace?"

"Tell him we'll speak. Direct him to the throne room and tell Tylar to keep an eye on him."

"Of course, Your Grace." Joffrey closed the door, before walking back to their shared room with a dark look on his face.