XLIV

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 | Snake bites

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕯espite being the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, Lyra had discovered that she had an unfortunate habit of overhearing things that she really did not want to her. It would explain her current state, as she hovered outside the Queen Mother's chambers, where Cersei was raging to who Lyra assumed was Jaime.

She had been heading back to the royal chambers to meet with Joffrey, and rest from the afternoon sun, when she had heard the shouting and Lyra couldn't help but listen in.

"Our eldest child married the Stark bitch and knocked her up! Our only daughter shipped off to Dorne. Our baby boy set to marry that smirking whore from Highgarden," Lyra ran a hand over her bump, soothing the babe as she fought the urge to slap Cersei from speaking of her child that way.

"I'll make things better." Jaime pleaded.

"You never made anything better!" Cersei howled in frustration.

"I'll go to Dorne. I'll bring our daughter home," Jaime offered, causing Lyra to hurry away from the door and back to her own chambers as fast as her swollen ankles would let her. The guards opened the doors as soon as they saw the pregnant queen, allowing her to waddle into the room.

"My Love, you should not be hurrying as much," Joffrey looked up, worry clear on his face as he rushed to her side, abandoning the papers in the process. Gently, he placed a hand on her back to help her into a chair, his eyebrows furrowing at the sight of her flushed face. "Are you alright? Do you need me to call the Maester?"

"Joff, I'm alright. It's just the heat," Lyra smiled, pressing a kiss to his cheek as he crouched by her side. "Plus, I overheard something that you might want to hear."

"It seems like I do not need to replace Varys with you around," He joked quietly, pressing a kiss to her hand, though worry was still plastered on his face.

"Jaime and Cersei want to try and get Myrcella back from Dorne,"

"What?"

"Cersei's annoyed that you've married me and that Tommen is all set to marry Margaery, so she wants her daughter back,"

"She can not break a marriage pact and start another war," Joffrey's glare turned dark. "I won't allow her to drag the Lannister family name through the mud any further."

Lyra nodded, before hissing as the little lion in her belly aimed a particularly harsh kick at her stomach.

"Are you alright?" Joffrey stopped brooding in an instant, eyes going wide with panic.