LXXVIII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 | The Dagger

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕿he month long wait for the other rulers to arrive was filled with preparations for their visit. Joffrey and Lyra were both in and out of meetings, discussing tactics and gifts to offer in return for peace and where they wanted these talks to be held.

Lyra closed the nursery door, drowning out the clamour of the servants and advisors. Since she had been back, it had been non stop and Lyra just wanted a break. She had forgotten just how tiring being queen could be.

"Mama!" Lyra turned, beaming as Mikael raced into her arms. She winced as she lifted him, the boy having grown heavier since she last saw him. "I lost a tooth. Look!"

Lyra's eyes widened as she saw that he had indeed lost one of his front teeth. 

"Please tell me that you did not pull it out."

"No." Mikael scrunched his nose. "It fell out whilst I was playing in the garden but it didn't hurt."

"I'm glad." Lyra smiled, pressing a kiss to his button nose as the boy giggled. She couldn't believe that he was so close to being five years old, still remembering how it felt to hold him in her arms when he was first born. "You're getting so big, Little Lion. Soon, you'll be taller than me!"

"I can still hug you though?" Mikael looked up at her, blue eyes wide in fear at the thought of not being able to. Lyra ran her hand through his hair, wondering if this was what Joffrey used to look like when he was young and the world hadn't hurt him as much.

"Of course. You'll always be my little boy."

"Your Grace." Lyra turned, finding herself face to face with Jaime Lannister. "Lady Greyjoy is here to speak with you."

"I see." Turning, Lyra placed Mikael onto the floor. "I need you to go and stay with Elia in the nursery with your siblings."

"Why?"

"Mikael." Lyra warned, before smiling. "Protect them for me whilst I deal with this."

"Alright Mama!" Mikael grinned, calling Elia to his side as Lyra opened the nursery door for them, checking the room quickly before closing and locking it. Turning, Lyra nodded at Jaime once more, before waiting for Cersei to enter.

"Your Grace." Cersei spat, performing a small curtsy as Lyra examined her. The woman looked slightly mad, her hair more unkempt than Lyra had ever seen it and her eyes had a slightly wild look in them. This was not the Cersei that Lyra had grown up with.