XXXIV

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 | Wedding chimes

{ Lyra }

✧✦✧

𝕷yra smoothed out her dress for the fifth time in as many minutes, her nerves starting to get the best of her as she stood alone. Arah had left moments earlier to stand with Tylar, Drew and Elia inside the Sept, and that did little to calm her nerves. She took another deep breath, spinning around as the door opened and Margaery slipped in to the room.

"Lyra," Margaery came to a stop, her eyes wide, as she looked up at the girl with wide eyes. "You look absolutely stunning. Oh, the king is not going to know what to do with himself."

Margaery grabbed the girl's hand, stopping Lyra from fretting too much.

"Are you nervous?"

"What gave it away?" The pair giggled together, as Margaery reached up to brush Lyra's hair back into place and straighten the tiara that lay on her head. "I'm just so scared that I'm going to fall, or make a fool of myself."

"Lyra, you're one of the most graceful people I know," Lyra smiled at the Tyrell woman. "There is no need for nerves. You are walking down that aisle to marry the love of your life. This is your day so make the most of it."

The bells began to toll above them, as Lyra wished for the strength of her parents and siblings to be with her.

"I should go," Lyra looked back at Margaery, who pressed a kiss to her cheek. "I will see you after the ceremony, Your Grace."

Margaery slipped from the room, with a teasing grin on her face, before Mace Tyrell entered. The old man smiled at the sight of her.

"They're ready for you, my Dear," He replied, holding out his arm for Lyra to hook hers through. She obliged, allowing him to lead her to the top of the steps, as the train of her gown dragged behind her.

They reached the door, and Lyra tightened the cloak on her shoulders, smoothing out the dress, that sparkled as it caught the sun, and straightened her tiara once more.

"Are you ready?" He asked, as the doors began to open.

"I think so," Lyra replied, smiling up at the man before she faced the opening doors once more.

The aisle was lined with courtiers, all dressed up in their finery, though Lyra paid them little heed for they meant nothing to her. Instead, she chose to focus on her friends and family that all stood near to the steps.

Sansa was stood next to Tyrion, tears in her eyes, as she watched Lyra with a smile. The elder Stark girl winked over at her, before looking forward once more to make sure she didn't trip. Arah, Tylar and Drew stood on the parapet above the floor of the Sept, Elia by their side, as they grinned at her, whilst the remainder of the Tyrell family stood on the left hand side.