LXXIX

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 | Death

{ Joffrey }

✧✦✧

𝕵offrey had been heading to another meeting when Rolan had run up to him with the news that his mother had been killed in the nursery. He had merely raised an eyebrow, before nodding.

"Thank you for telling me."

"Do you want us to conduct an investigation?" Rolan questioned.

"No. Thank you," Joffrey waved him off, rolling his shoulders out. 

"That went smoothly." Tylar muttered, both of them meandering back to the main chambers. Joffrey hummed, opening the door to his chambers and smiling at the sight of his wife and children unharmed.

"Lyra." She turned to him, smiling as Joffrey pressed a quick kiss to her lips. "Are you alright?"

"I'm perfectly fine, Joff." She squeezed his hand as Mikael rushed over, giggling, to show his father the tooth he lost.

"That's amazing, Mikael!" Joffrey cheered, picking the boy up and pressing a kiss to his cheek. The boy beamed, clutching onto his father's neck, before Joffrey turned to Arya. "Thank you."

"It was my pleasure." Arya nodded, before pursing her lips. "I'm sorry about setting Nymeria on you."

"It was years ago."

"I know, but I feel like I should apologise considering you kept both my sister's safe for years." Arya looked back at him. "Thank you for that."

"I only wish that I was able to keep you safe as well." Joffrey sent her a small grin, before looking back at his wife and children. "As long as it all went to plan, then we are alright."

"Your Grace." Drew poked his head around the door. "The other rulers. They're reaching the gates for King's Landing."

"They're here already?" Lyra's eyes went wide. "We must go and greet them."

"You go on ahead with the children. Rolan will most likely be bringing me a report about Cersei's death so I'll wait for that here." Joffrey replied, pressing another kiss to his wife's lips. "Then I'll come down and join you."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." Joffrey smiled, watching as Lyra lead Arya, Arah and Elia out of the door, his kids going with them. Joffrey watched them go with a smile, before sitting down in his desk chair as Tylar yawned and leant back against the wall. There was another knock on the door and Drew hurried to open it as Rolan stepped in.