XXIII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 | Treason

{Lyra}

✧✦✧

𝕯earest Robb,

It feels like so long since we left Winterfell and I can hardly believe that it has been a little over a year since I last saw you. The time does seem to fly by rather quickly. Sansa and I both miss you and mother terribly, but I am glad to hear that you all are well. How's Grey Wind? And my new Sister-by-Law? I've heard great things about her family.

Elia is as lively as ever. It seems that the sun and warmth down here has brought a new side out of her. She adores swimming in the bay beneath the Red Keep, which is particularly refreshing on a hot day, and both of us love the long walks in the gardens. It's so strange how different everything is from Winterfell and the cold.

Unfortunately, the company down here is a lot worse than the North. It is like living in a pit of snakes, all trying to climb the same ladder and stepping on anyone in there way just to cling to more power. My position as betrothed to the king has left me in a precarious situation near the top of the ladder, and Sansa and I are having to learn how to play the Game of Thrones. The first rule of it seems to be not to trust anyone.

Even with the added protection that being betrothed to the king provides, it is becoming harder and harder to smuggle letters out to both you and Jon. I don't want to put Sansa in any danger, nor myself, and Cersei is starting to breathe down our backs, looking for any form of weakness. To top all of this off, Tywin Lannister has also arrived in the capital, after the Battle of the Blackwater and seems to have taken an unwanted interest in watching my every move. It's starting to put even Elia on edge.

The Battle went well, and the Baratheon side came out victorious, however the strangest thing occurred; the Tyrell family have joined up with the Lannisters and Baratheon due to the work of Petyr Baelish. It is most odd, and I don't have a particularly good feeling about it at all. There's just something about him that is putting both myself and the king on edge, and if he doesn't have a good feeling about it then there must be something wrong.

Before you think of sending another letter back, both of us have been looking into theories. According to the king, only basic things like food supplies and funds needed for the army are discussed in Small Council meeting so far. He believes that he is going to have to prove to his grandfather that he is competent enough in running the kingdom before he is let in on anything like troop movement. However, they do have to have his approval to sign off on certain actions, so both of us have been monitoring those requests closely.

If we hear of anything then we shall get a letter to you straight away. Hopefully, it won't come to anything too drastic but you can never be too careful, especially with the Small Council. I may, however, start sending the letters to your wife instead of you, it draws less attention to the letters that I'm sending if it is going to another woman instead of a man. Ask her if that would be feasible, would you?

I miss you and mother terribly, and send my love to everyone else and Jon,

All my love,

Lyra