LIV

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 | Arguments

{ Lyra } 

✧✦✧

"𝕸ikael," Lyra pleaded, rocking her crying son back and forth. "Hush now, please. It's alright. I'm here and Elia's here."

The wolf was whining as she weaved around Lyra and tried to check up on the baby. Lyra hushed him again, running her hand through the blond hair on Mikael's head as she walked up and down the length of her room.

"My Love?" Lyra looked up, seeing Joffrey walk into the main atrium of their chambers. His hair was a mess, having been fast asleep only moments earlier. "Is everything alright?"

"He won't stop crying. I've tried everything," Lyra murmured, as Joffrey padded over and took Mikael from her arms. The baby cried again, but Joffrey began to speak to the little boy softly, taking Mikael out onto the balcony to see the ships coming into port as Lyra slumped into a chair. She could hear her son's cries beginning to quieten, worsening her feelings of inadequacy. "I'm sorry I woke you."

"No, don't be," Joffrey came to a stop by her, allowing her to lean into his side. "Is everything alright?"

"The longer we don't hear anything from Dorne, the more worried I am," Lyra revealed. "This was my idea, my plan and if something goes wrong then it's on me."

"Nothing is going to go wrong," Joffrey leant down, pressing a kiss to her head as Mikael finally settled down in his arms. "How are you feeling this morning?"

"The same as yesterday," He hummed, before placing Mikael into her arms and wrapping both of them into a hug.

"Well, hopefully Tylar and Arah's wedding will lighten the mood,"

"Is that tonight?" Joffrey nodded at his wife's question, before stretching as the door opened and Drew walked in. "Drew."

"Your Grace, Your Grace," Drew bowed, before holding a letter out. "A scroll came."

"From where?"

"Dorne," Joffrey squeezed his wife's hand, before taking the scroll from Drew's hand and reading through it quickly, smiling and nodding.

"I told you. It would work out," He pressed a kiss to her forehead, showing her the letter. Lyra read through it, before sighing in relief, the tension leaving her shoulders as she placed the letter down. She opened one eye, grinning at Joffrey, who smiled.

"You were right," Joffrey chuckled again at Lyra's words, before helping her to her feet. 

"Drew, fetch Arah and Rolan. We need to make an announcement that Myrcella is dead and that the kingdoms are to go into mourning," Joffrey ordered a very confused Drew, who nodded and ran off to find the older pair.