Chapter 4 - Alice Walker

"I assume that Max called you after we returned from our case a few days ago?" Hotch asked over the phone.

"I never got a call."

"Well, you'll be happy to hear that you're officially being transferred to the BAU. You start tomorrow morning. JJ will help you get adjusted and I'm sure the rest of the team will assist you."

Andy was in disbelief. Her shock was overwhelmed with the joy that hit her. She contained a smile and ran a hand through her hair as she began to pace, "Tomorrow? I-I don't even have my things or a place to stay."

She looked around at her messy hotel room and saw how little she actually owned that wasn't leftover takeout food.

"Actually, Max and a few other donors from undercover operations bought out an apartment for you. They already paid your first month's rent and Max had all of your things transferred to the building yesterday."

"Oh wow," she blew out a breath, "I had no idea. That's kinda risky considering I didn't have the job yet."

"I'll give you today to adjust and meet you in the office tomorrow."

"Yes sir."

"And Delvaux? You've had the job ever since you walked in the office."

At that, she couldn't hold back the grin that appeared in her face as Hotch bid her goodbye and hung up. She laughed lightly before checking her texts to see the address Hotch texted her.

She quickly grabbed her things and shoved them in her go bag, cleaning everything up as best as she could. She checked out of the hotel and got into her car, driving about five minutes down the road to a mostly secluded neighborhood. She parked outside and noticed that it looked fairly decent.

Her phone buzzed in her pocket and she pulled it out from her back pocket.

"Delvaux," she answered as she continued walking toward the entrance.

"Hey, it's Reid. I overheard Hotch on the phone. Congratulations on making it on the team."

"Oh, thanks Reid. I'm excited to be working with all of you," she said politely. She approached the front office and smiled at the lady on the other side of the desk.

"You did really well on our last case. It's a wonder that they gave you up to join the BAU."

"Mhm. Can you hold on a second? I've got to do something really quick."

"Of course."

She held her phone to her ear with her shoulder as the lady gave her a form to sign before handing her keys.

"Thank you so much," she told the lady. She tuned back into her conversation with Reid as she made her way up the stairs.

"If you need any help adjusting or anything, just ask any of us," he offered.

"Yeah I will, thanks for the offer."

"Ok well," he sighed, "I'll see you tomorrow, I guess."

"See you tomorrow."

She hung up as she reached her front door and inserted the key. When the door swung open, she was baffle at the sight.

If she was being honest, she never really owned an apartment by herself before. She went straight from her parents house to living in the college dorms, to the academy, and straight into undercover operations. She never really owned something to herself.

There were several boxes in the middle of the living room labeled with what they contained. She dropped her bag on the floor and began exploring her new home.