Chapter 67 - Pablo Neruda

The team watched as Marcus moved Andy's unconscious body into the chair she began in. He tied her feet and hands, putting extra pressure on her broken wrist.

Everyone in the room held their breath as Andy began to miraculously stir from her sleep. She groaned as she felt the restraints tighten on her wrists. Marcus moved the camera to sit directly in front of Andy, capturing the entirety of her injuries. She was beaten and bloodied form head to toe, her skin barely noticeable underneath all the grime.

Marcus woke her up even more by pressing a gun to the side of her head. Her senses became more alert but she tried to remain calm, which was relatively easy because of the drugs.

This was it. It was a do or die moment.

"I think I've had my share of fun, princesa. I think it's time to put you in the ground once and for all."

Garcia gasped as tears immediately rose. Reid moved forward in apprehension, clearly scared that he would be willing to shoot her on camera.

"Any last words?"

Andy gulped and gasped for breath, "Just a few."

Her eyes rolled back but she shook herself back into reality, the cold gun reminding her of the situation.

Marcus smirked and pressed the gun further in, waiting eagerly.

"See you in hell."

Somehow, a small smile made its way onto her face, showing the crazed state she was in.

"Enough talking, I've waited too long for this."

Andy gulped and clenched her jaw in an effort to guard herself, knowing this could be the end.

Marcus started his count down, "Three...two..."

Reid stopped breathing, afraid that if he moved it would cause him to pull the trigger. He wanted to look away, to scream and beg for her life. But he couldn't; all he could do was watch.

"I know where they are."

Everyone let out a small breath as the countdown stopped and Marcus visibly hesitated.

"I know where they are," Andy repeated, "That's what you wanted, right? To know where I hid them?"

Marcus scowled and shook the gun against her head, "You're lying."

"I don't lie."

Marcus trembled as Andy closed her eyes in anticipation, waiting for her life to end. But it never did. Instead, Marcus squatted down in front of her and seethed, "Tell me."

"They don't want to be found."

"Tell me!" he screamed furiously, "Or I swear to God I will kill your kids and your family."

He angrily slapped her across the cheek, earning a small grunt from the tired agent.

"Tell me!"

Andy turned her head slowly back to his, looking him dead in the eye. If she gave this up now, he would have no use for her anymore. He'd kill her. She was taking a leap of faith with this plan.

"157 Appleton Street."

"Garcia!" Hotch shouted, pointing at the tech when they heard the information.

"Already on it," she assured, typing as fast as ever. She gasped, "Sir, 157 Appleton Street is an empty FBI safe house."

"It's a trap," Reid whispered.

"Everyone go! We need to beat him there," Hotch ordered. Everyone except for JJ and Garcia left the room, rushing out to the cars in record time. Garcia and JJ watched Andy as Marcus quickly stood up.

Andy held her breath, not knowing his reaction. He nodded in appreciation before taking his knife and plunging it down into her thigh.

Andy's scream was raw and guttural, causing Garcia and JJ to jump. Andy barely had time to register the wound in her leg as he pulled the knife out and stabbed it in her stomach, removing it afterwards to increase blood flow.

Andy's tears fell again as Marcus pulled out his gun and shot her in the shoulder, causing a deadly silence to fall between them. Andy couldn't breathe or move without feeling the pain. Only small gasps for air could be heard.

Marcus pressed his lips against her ear, "See you in hell."

He quickly left the room, leaving Andy to bleed in the chair. JJ turned Garcia away from the screen as she turned into a messy crier. Together, they cried as they tried not to look at Andy's dying figure.

Andy was still trying her hardest to stay strong and fight. It was getting harder to hold on to her consciousness, knowing she would die if she closed her eyes now.

"Garcia," she rasped.

Garcia and JJ both looked at the screen in unison.

"Hopefully you guys got my plan. Ryan deserves justice."

She coughed as her head dropped, "Garcia...record this. I need a chance to say goodbye."

Garcia immediately started recording as soon as she said it, giving Andy a small break to catch her breath.

"I just want you guys to know, that I firmly believe you did everything you could. My death isn't on any of you.

"Hotch, you've been like a father to me. Keep taking care of this team and be their glue," she cracked a small grin, "And try to smile every now and then."

Garcia and JJ let out a choked laugh as they smiled upon her bravery. They never understood how she was able to crack a joke in the midst of everything.

"Rossi, my life would be a mess without you. I'll remind you to follow your own advice too.

"Emily, I want you to step up. I know you can get though this and they'll need your help as well. Promise me?"

Andy coughed violently, blood splattering across her bruised lips, "JJ, take care of my kids please. You're the closest thing I've had to a big sister and I couldn't thank you more."

JJ cried harder as Andy spoke softer, losing the air to speak. When Andy spoke her name, it sounded too much like a goodbye.

"Derek, don't you dare close yourself off. I promise you, I'll haunt you from hell. I'll always be right by your side.

"Penelope...oh sweet Penelope, do me a favor. Don't stop smiling. This world needs your light. Throughout this whole thing, one of the things on my mind was your smile and positivity. I never would've made it this far without you."

Andy coughed and cried harder, her voice cracking at this last part, "Spence...God, I don't even know what to say. There isn't enough time to describe how I feel. Thank you for loving me the way that you taught me to."

Andy cried and her voice sputtered out, "I love each and every one of you guys."

Andy's tired eyes fluttered and rolled to the back of her head. Her head dropped down for the final time and her chest stopped rising.

---

"In the end, everyone is aware of this: nobody keeps any of what he has, and life is only a borrowing of bones."

-Pablo Neruda