Chapter 41 - Mateus William

Andy drove them down the street to the Robinson house where their other SUV was parked. Andy took a few deep breaths to calm herself before they walked in together.

They found Prentiss and Morgan in the living room with the parents sitting on the couch. They cradled each other as the mother cried loudly, the agents unsure of how to help.

Reid and Andy quietly walked in with small smiles of greeting.

"Do you mind if we search the house?" Reid asked gently. They nodded, not bothering to ask why.

Andy pulled Reid along as they trudged up the stairs to the bedroom level. They put on their gloves and opened the door to the one down the hall, Sam's room.

It looked like a regular sixteen year olds room. Band and movie posters were on the wall, and sports trophies were on display.

Andy searched his bed covers and under the mattress for anything he may have been hiding while Reid rummaged through the drawers. Andy lowered herself to the ground and looked underneath the frame, finding a small box shoved against the wall. She reached and pulled it out from under the bed and opened it.

"Looks like a memory box," she said as she flipped through the pictures, ticket stubs, and objects of significance.

Reid peered over her shoulder, "I'm guessing Sam and Ethan were close."

She agreed, "It would be awful hard to take two boys at once, especially a teenager. The unsub probably used Ethan to make Sam compliant."

Reid nodded and went back to looking around his desk as she stood up. Andy's phone rang as she flipped through more photos and she quickly picked it up.

"Hello beloved agents, I bring good tidings." Garcia greeted, "Samuel Robinson, 16 years old, is on the football team. But, he was recently charged with aggravated assault."

"Who filed that charge?" Reid asked, standing closer to Andy.

"A fellow teammate, Joshua Fisher. Says that Sam punched him at a party for no reason, but he seemed faintly intoxicated."

"What happened after?"

"Charges were dropped, Sam got off clean, and they claimed it was all a misunderstanding. Except for that, Sam Robinson is your average joe."

"Alright, thanks."

Andy hung up and shoved the phone in her back pocket before they moved onto Ethan's room.

"You think Joshua did it for revenge?" Reid asked.

She shook her head, "Unlikely. Why would he kidnap his brother if he just wanted Sam? Besides, high schoolers would probably just play a prank instead of going to the extremes if they felt wronged."

They searched through Ethan's room but found nothing incriminating. By the time they were finished, Hotch had joined them.

"Andy, I need you to talk to Mrs. Robinson," he said urgently.

"Why me? JJ's a mother, she can relate better."

He shook his head firmly, "Your best skill is the ability to build rapport. We need to use that to our advantage."

Andy raised her eyebrows, "You think she did it?"

"I think someone knows something that they're not sharing with us."

She contemplated shortly before sighing and excusing herself to go downstairs. Once she was in the living room again, she sat down on the chair closest to Mrs. Robinson and leaned forward.