Chapter 83 - Pablo Neruda

"So, how are things on the Reid and Andy train?" Morgan asked.

Reid sighed as he swiveled his chair to look at the curious faces of Morgan, Emily, and JJ. Andy was talking with Rossi in his office, giving the others the perfect opportunity to interrogate him.

"Better," he shrugged.

"She kissed you last week, right?" JJ gossiped.

Reid rolled his eyes, causing them to laugh. Emily leaned forward, "So...when are you guys gonna make it official? I mean, right now your relationship status is in the air."

"Got to work on that, Pretty Boy."

"I've tried," Reid exaggerated, "It's just never been convenient timing."

JJ scoffed, "Spence, when will it ever be convenient timing?"

He sighed and nodded in defeat. They all went back to work as Andy breezed past them towards Garcia's office.

The end of the day was nearing and everyone started to pack up. Andy hurriedly packed her things and caught Reid by the elevator waiting for her.

They quickly drove to Andy's apartment. The woman immediately sat down at the counter and pulled out her computer. She was typing feverishly as Reid approached her.

He stood behind the chair and brushed her arm lightly, "What are you working on?"

"Just work stuff."

She stood up abruptly to walk off but Reid held her arm, "Can we talk?"

She nodded, "Can it wait a second bec-"

"Actually, I would prefer if we did it now."

She furrowed her brows but allowed him to pull her back down in her seat. He sat across from her and held her hands.

He exhaled, "I've been trying to bring this up for awhile now. But with everything that's been going on, it has never been a good time."

"Bring what up?"

"Us." he stated, "I want to talk about us."

Andy was starting to get nervous. She thought he was trying to break up with her. This is exactly what she was afraid of. He saw the panic flash in her eyes but he squeezed her hand reassuringly.

"Andy, we've been seeing each other for almost a year now. We've been through hell and back together."

Andy nodded in agreement as he hesitated in his next words.

"I want to make this official."

Andy's expression lifted in shock, not expecting that sentence.

"I want to be able to call you my girlfriend and be with you in public. I..." he sighed, "I love you, Andy. And I don't want to waste another moment without you knowing that."

Andy stuttered but Reid rubbed her arm soothingly, "It's okay if you can't say it back."

"No, no, Reid that's not it," she replied quickly, "I...love you too."

He smiled softly as she scooted closer, "And I agree. We should make us official."

"Really?" he asked excitedly, "You're ready for it?"

She nodded, "I'm ready for anything with you."

His smile grew as he swooped her up in a hug and spun her around. She squealed and held on tightly to his neck. When he put her down, he placed a small kiss to her lips.