Chapter 68 - Anne Carson

"Alright, quiet down. We're not letting him get out," Hotch ordered as they hid behind walls and counters in the FBI safe house.

Only one light in the window was on, to show that someone was awake. They stayed quiet as a car door shut outside. Reid propped his gun around the corner at the door.

Everyone's breathing momentarily stopped as the door shook open. Simultaneously, every police officer and agent in the house stood up and shouted at the man, holding their guns in his face.

Marcus was clearly shocked at the commotion. He wasn't stupid enough to run so he dropped his gun slowly and raised his hands. Morgan ran forward and shoved him on the ground roughly, cuffing his hands behind his back.

Reid ran forward, "Where is she?"

Marcus only grinned as Morgan pulled him up. Reid shoved his gun against his chest angrily, "Where is she?"

Marcus chuckled and Reid fumed. Morgan shoved Marcus out the door and into the car. Reid paced back and forth rapidly before moving to the car Marcus had taken.

He opened it and checked the GPS. His eyes lit up, "Guys! His GPS shows his last location in the warehouse district!"

Morgan, Reid, and Prentiss hopped in the car.

"Dave and I will take Santiago to the BAU," Hotch said.

They nodded and quickly drove off, following the GPS. Prentiss called for backup and medical assistance just as they reached the warehouse where Marcus last went. They hopped out and ran to the nearest door, breaking it down and flooding in.

They rushed into the empty building, seeing exposed wires and columns.

"Reid," Morgan said, motioning to a far staircase. They cautiously moved down the steps, seeing a small hallway and door. Reid ignored all precautions and busted the door open quickly, seeing a chair in the middle of the room with a body in it.

"Andy!"

He holstered his gun and ran towards her, kneeling in front of the chair and lifting her chin lightly. She was out cold as they hurried to untie her bonds.

"Oh my God.." Prentiss gagged at the sight.

They carefully lowered her to the ground. Reid applied pressure to her shoulder and whispered her name.

"Andy, wake up," he begged, "Wake up!"

Her chest rose lightly and she stirred. Her eyes opened just enough to see a hazy figure above her. The voices were softly muted, hearing only desperate voices.

Her eyes focused briefly on the person who was closest to her face, recognizing those compassionate eyes looking down on her.

Relief flooded her body and. she started to cry, "Reid..."

He nodded, "It's me, Andy. I'm right here."

He started to cry as she smiled lightly. He lightly brushed his hand over her cheek, "I'm here."

Reid was soon pushed out of the way by the medics. They took over and loaded her onto a stretcher. Reid followed closely as they carried her upstairs and into the ambulance.

"You go with her," Morgan said, "We'll meet you there with her family."

He nodded and got in the ambulance with them. He was nervously bouncing his leg as they put on an IV bag. The monitor on the side started to flatline, the sound droning on.

The EMTs pushed him away as they started to put paddles on her chest.

"3, 2, 1, clear!"

They shocked the paddles, her body pulling upwards before falling again.