Chapter 109 - C.S. Lewis

All that Andy could think about during their meeting was how much her stomach hurt and how she was craving pickles and a philly cheese steak sandwich. The ache in her stomach was constantly pounding against her walls and she gagged a few times.

"What's your take on the wife?" Morgan asked Andy after several others left. The only ones left in the room were Reid, JJ, Morgan, and herself.

"Um," Andy swallowed, "Well I'd say she's not upset about her husbands death, but she's fronting the pain to make it look realistic."

She gagged once more, stopping her next sentence from beginning. They looked at her with concerned, especially JJ, before she brushed them off and continued.

"I don't think she had anything to do with his death though. But the first kill seems personal, so maybe we should look more into the history."

"Good idea."

She quickly excused herself and sped to the bathroom. She made it just in time to throw up in the toilet in the nearest stall. If there's one thing she despised, it was throwing up. Andy wasn't even sure she had consumed as much as she was expelling.

"Andy?" the voice behind her called as the door swung open. JJ kneeled next to her and held back her hair while rubbing her back. It took another ten minutes for Andy to stop puking long enough for her to fall back on her butt.

"Thanks," she whispered.

"No problem," JJ responded, "Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I honestly just started feeling sick a few minutes ago."

JJ checked her forehead, "I don't think you have a fever either."

"Maybe I'm just malnourished. For some weird reason, I'm craving pickles and a philly cheese steak sandwich. Although, I doubt we'll be eating soon."

The blonde gave her a quizzical look. But it soon turned to an almost knowing look, as if she had figured it out. She kept her mouth shut though, helping Andy off the floor and out of the bathroom.

"I'm gonna get a tea or something," Andy excused, walking over to the coffee station.

When she got there, the hot steam of the water pitcher hit her face. When the warmth reached her nerves, she swayed slightly, stumbling over her spot. JJ rushes to her side and steadied her.

Andy shook off her behavior with a small laugh, "I guess all my energy went out with all the puke."

JJ laughed politely and leaned against the table as Andy continued making her drink. She exhaled deeply, "So...you and Spence."

"I know right," Andy smiled, "I can't believe we're getting married."

"Yeah! And with marriage comes kids, hopefully. Have you two discussed it?"

"More like mentioned it. I'm sure we'll have kids when the time is right."

JJ clicked her tongue and was about to say more when Reid and Morgan passed by them.

"We're gonna check out the wife's family. We'll be back in time before we leave for the night," Morgan informed.

The girls waved goodbye and moved their conversation to the closed room of the conference table.

"Are you sure you're feeling alright?" JJ prodded, "It's just unusual for someone to be sick out of the blue...usually there are other forewarning symptoms."

"Well, I was feeling a little dizzy earlier. And I almost threw up again this morning but I think it's just because I hadn't had breakfast yet," she dismissed.