Chapter 60 - Anne Bronte

Reid was reading over his notes when his doorbell rang. He heard the sound of loud footsteps running away before he opened his door. A small Manila folder laid on the ground, waiting for him.

He looked down the hall for the person who delivered it but saw no one. He shrugged and picked it up, noticing there wasn't a return address or stamp. He closed the door and brought it to the counter, opening it curiously.

When his eyes fell on the photos he'd pulled out, he was instantly terrified. He rummaged through the photos and shook out the folder, a small object falling out the bottom.

Andy's necklace.

His breathing quickened as he dialed Hotch's number in a panic. He impatiently waited as the phone rang and Hotch's voice came through.

"I think Andy's in trouble," he stated.

"Why do you think that?"

"Someone dropped a folder on my doorstep and sh-she," he groaned, "It's got pictures of her a-and-"

"Reid, slow down."

"It's got surveillance pictures of Andy and they sent her necklace too."

"Who's they?"

"I don't know!" he shouted, "But something's happened to her I just know it. Check your mailbox or doorstep."

"Reid, I don't think-"

"Please!" he begged, running a hand through his hair.

He heard Hotch sigh and Reid waited for a minute as he felt the change in Hotch's voice.

"I've got one."

"What's in it?"

"Surveillance of Andy and myself. There's also a bloody piece of a shirt."

"Okay, call the team. I'm gonna check her apartment."

"No, wait for backup."

Reid hung up and hurriedly stuffed the photos and necklace back in the folder, taking it with him as he rushed out the door. He quickly drove to Andy's apartment in a hurry, focusing only on blind panic.

He ran out of his car and up to her floor, slowing as he approached. The door was cracked open and there was blood on the handle. He pulled out his gun and nudged the door open with his foot.

His shock overtook him as he immediately saw the blood and shattered glass on the ground. He stepped around the glass and followed the blood trail down the hall. He tip toed to her room and pushed open the door, seeing the window shattered as well.

He quickly checked the other rooms before holstering his gun and and pulling his phone out again, calling Hotch.

He was out of breath when the call connected, "She's gone."

"Morgan's calling the rest of the team. He received a folder too. I'll meet you there in five minutes. Don't move."

Hotch hung up and quickly drove to the apartment. He found Reid standing in the middle of her apartment, looking lost and worried.

"Point of entry was the window in her room. I'm guessing that they broke the window to distract her and then blitzed her," Reid rushed, leading him down the hall.

"Reid-"

"Her gun is right here so she must've been suspicious but it fell out of her hand. The first blood spatter is right here so this is probably where the unsub got her first."