Chapter 119 - Gemma Troy

*Four Months Later*

"Do you see him?"

"Shh."

Andy and Morgan moved closer to the back of the house. Andy saw a shadow move across the wall before it started shooting. She yelped and dove for cover behind a chair. When the shooting stopped, she tried to get back up but failed as her stomach contracted. She whimpered in pain and Morgan went to check on her.

"Go! Catch him! I'll be fine!" she shouted. He gave one last glance before running off.

She worriedly glanced down at her stomach for signs of a bullet wound but there was none. Another ache came in and she knew what it was.

"Seriously? Now?" she complained, groaning in pain and clutching her stomach.

It was another few minutes until JJ came through the door with Reid and Hotch in tow. She screamed as another contraction came.

JJ and Reid quickly kneeled next to her, "What happened?"

"I think she's going into labor."

"Now?" Reid panicked.

"Now!"

The paramedics were ushered in and Reid helped her calm down. Sweat dropped from her forehead and Reid's hand was losing circulation from how tight she was squeezing it.

"Why were you even in the field anyway?"

"I wasn't about to let Morgan go in there without backup."

She groaned as the paramedics put her on a stretcher. Reid rode with her to the nearest hospital. She was rushed into the room where the doctor prepped for the birth.

"Okay, okay. Breathe, Andy. Just breathe!"

"If you tell me to breathe one more time, I'm gonna break the coffee machine so you can't have any!" she threatened.

He held his hands in surrender and she felt instantly guilty for attacking him.

"I'm sorry, you're being so supportive-"

Another scream came from her as the baby was getting closer to emerging. The others waited in the lobby for a very long hour. Garcia was on her way, given that they were close enough on an investigation to be within driving range. Morgan and JJ were the most restless, being the godparents and all.

That long hour felt like nothing once the loud cries of their child could be heard.

Andy smiled and gasped when their baby was set in her arms. Reid looked over her shoulder and hugged the both of them tenderly.

"What's her name?" the doctor asked.

"Amelia Grace Reid."

Reid and Andy glanced at each other before focusing back on their child. She gave the baby off to Reid as the nurses wheeled her back to a private room and helped her clean up. Seeing Reid carry their baby with such timidity made her heart swell.

She was still pale and sweaty when the rest of the team came in. Garcia and Prentiss instantly gushed. The others smiled and congratulated them.

Andy smiled as the girls gave her hugs from her bed where she laid limp. Giving birth took a lot of energy from her and she was exhausted.

She felt like every burden she ever carried was gone once her baby was born. Out of everything she'd been through, it led her to this moment.

And it was all worth it.

---

"Whatever makes you feel the sun from the inside out...chase that."

-Gemma Troy