Chapter 86 - Shaun Hick

"Everything okay?" Morgan asked, "You sounded weird over the phone."

Reid waited until Andy was past them before whispering, "We were in the middle of something."

"Something good or something bad?" he questioned, a small smile growing.

Reid didn't answer but the blush on his cheeks told Morgan everything he needed to know. Morgan laughed and nudged Reid's arm, "So, things are looking up for you guys, huh?"

Reid rolled his eyes as Morgan continued laughing. They boarded the jet soon and got started on the briefing.

"You guys are in for a long night," Garcia greeted, "We've been asked to consult with Agent Donner in Florida."

"Max called us in?" Andy asked, accepting the file JJ handed her.

Hotch nodded, "This is the fifth time this unsub has struck and his attacks are getting bigger."

"How so?"

"Bombs."

Andy's mouth dropped, "We should've been alerted earlier."

"This is only the second attack using a bomb," he explained, "The first was a small scale attack in a coffee shop. The second was at a bank."

"Any connection between the victims?"

"None, that I can see," Garcia reported, "The first three victims were shot in the back of the head. No apparent connection between them other than they worked within a ten block radius of each other."

"Are we sure this is the same killer? It's two different M.O.'s." JJ asked.

"Regardless, local PD are having trouble dealing with both. We'll start our investigation separate before determining if there's any connection between the two."

They nodded as Hotch got up to call Max. Andy moved back to the coffee station in the back. She handed Reid a cup as she sat down, gazing out the window.

"You must be happy," he stated, "You'll get to see Max again."

She sighed and shrugged, "I haven't seen him since I was in the hospital. He visited once."

Her tone sounded almost bitter, as if he betrayed her somehow. Reid stayed silent the rest of the trip. They landed about half and hour later.

As Reid and Andy made their way to the car, Hotch gave them directions to observe the recent bombing site.

"The last bombing was last night at another bank. The bomb squad finished their sweep this morning," Andy informed as she swiped through the report.

"Meaning that we have a perfectly intact crime scene," Reid beamed.

Andy chuckled as he drove them to the bank. A SWAT officer met them outside, having taken off his heavy gear.

"I'm Officer Garrett," he introduced.

"I'm Agent Andromeda Delvaux and this is Dr. Spencer Reid."

She shook his hand firmly before gesturing to the burnt building behind him, "Mind if we take a look?"

He shook his head and guided them in. Andy gasped lightly at the crumbling walls and the desks turned to ash. They both lightly stepped over debris as they entered.

"The initial spark was in the middle over there," Garrett pointed, "It was stuck on the bottom of a checking station."

Andy walked towards the blast point. She squatted down and picked up a piece of debris that looked odd.