Chapter Seventy-Nine - Four! I mean Five! I mean, Fire!

First thing in the morning the three Marauders went to the hospital wing. James was awake, sitting up in bed with a tray of breakfast across his lap. There was a huge bouquet of flowers on the table next to him as well as an enormous box of very fancy chocolates which he immediately offered to share with his friends. Sirius and Peter each grabbed one happily. James had to cajole Remus into taking one.

"They're from Mum and Dad," he said once Remus picked out the smallest one. "So're the flowers. They came by to see me last night. Mum is maaad! You should have seen her. She wants a inquiry into the whole thing. She and Dad had this big row cause Dad kept saying 'well there's always rivalries my dear'." James snorted, shaking his head. "She blew his head up."

"What?" Peter choked on his chocolate.

"She's done it before. That's one of her favorite things to do when people cross her. Blow them up. Like a balloon."

"Oh."

"You thought I meant exploding him, didn't you?" James teased while Peter pretended that he most certainly had not. "I've said it before. Remember? When I blew up that dumb Ravenclaw's head? Remy, don't just stare at the chocolate, eat it. Anyway, Pomfrey came running out all upset cause my dad's head was all inflated and he was practically floating around..." Remus nibbled at the chocolate then stuffed it into his mouth. It was so good. He tried to savor it on his tongue but soon it disappeared. "Pomfrey told them if they couldn't behave then they had to go. Like they were kids. My father kept trying to apologize but every time he talked he kept drifting backwards cause of the air coming out of his mouth--it was hilarious, I wish you'd been here. Mum apologized, smoothed it all over; promised a donation or something, I dunno."

"Your parents sound great," Sirius laughed.

James grinned. "They are. Hopefully you'll be able to meet them this summer. They're going to love you. All of you. I really want you guys to visit. Stay overnight. It'd be great! If your parents are worried or anything, they can come stay too," he added to Remus. "Our house is big enough. It's a mansion, actually. Then they'd be right there if anything happened."

"Th--thank you," Remus said, trying not to sound anxious. "I'll k--keep it mind. I'm n-not sure if it would w-work out or not, though."

"Maybe we can do it when you're in a stretch of not sick," Sirius suggested.

Remus narrowed his eyes. "I--I never know when it's... a stretch of--of n-not sick or--not."

"Oh, right," Sirius said in a sort of offhanded matter which raised Remus's suspicions. What had he meant by that? He wanted to ask however did NOT want to draw attention, or make it seem like he was suspicious. Yurgh, how come he said that?!

Soon they had to go to their own breakfast since James wasn't allowed out of the hospital wing till later in the day. He gave them each another piece of chocolate (this time Remus took a bigger one) then the Marauders left, talking about how awesome James's mother sounded. Remus wasn't really talking though, mostly still worried about Sirius. A stretch of not sick. What did he mean? Sure he had loads of stretches of 'not sick' especially when he pretended it was his mother being sick however surely he got the point across that he randomly became ill, right?

He fretted all through breakfast, poking absentmindedly at his food. Then on the way to Transfiguration Sirius asked what was on his mind. Remus acted like he didn't know what Sirius meant. Peter snorted at that. "You didn't eat and you didn't study," he said, rolling his eyes at Remus. "Even I know something's up."

Remus wrapped his arms around himself. "Oh, er, nothing r--really." Then, of course! The best response. "I'm not feeling too well. I feel a little woozy."