Part 5: Rooms and Explanations

Once we had all caught up, a tall brunette walked over to the group.

“Hi,” he said. “I’m Ben.”

“Hi, I’m Chloe,” I said, introducing myself.

“Pleasure to meet you,” Ben smiled.

“Oh, and I’m Harry, the other VK that was brought from the Isle today,” Harry said, appearing behind me.

“Hello and welcome to-” Ben started but got cut off.

“Bore-adon,” Harry said. “We know where we are, thank you, Benny.”

“Don’t mind him,” I said, glaring at Harry. “He gets a little grouchy when he hasn’t had his daily nap.”

Harry scowled at me before Ben spoke up.

“Well, I guess we should show you and Harry where your room is,” Ben said.

“Wait, like me and Harry, sharing a room?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Ben said. “I’m sorry about it but because you guys were invited so late, all the rooms have been given away.”

“And you don’t think that as soon as the doors close, we’re going to do something?” Harry asked.

“Nothing is going to happen because if you try something on me I’m going to hook you with your own, dirty hook,” I said.

“Alright, calm down,” Mal said, causing me to tear my eyes away from Harry.

“You two argue like an old married couple,” Jay said.

“We do not!” Harry and I said in unison.

“You’re right,” Evie said. “But it’s like ten times worse than an old married couple.”

I felt my face get warm from anger and embarrassment.

“Anyway, let’s get you and Harry to your room,” Ben said, cutting through the awkward tension Harry and I formed.

We all followed Ben through the school as he explained almost everything we passed.

“Is there going to be a test on all this?” I mumbled.

“I sure hope not, I haven’t been paying attention at all,” I heard Harry’s Scottish voice say.

“And here is your guys’ room,” I heard Ben say.

I looked to see that the group had stopped in front of a grand door.

“This is ours?” I asked.

“That’s what I said,” Ben said.

“Alright,” I said, walking over to the door and swinging it open.

There were two beds, thank Zeus, two windows, a desk, and two separate closets.

“Looks like it’s fit for a prince and princess, not some VK kids,” I heard Harry say.

“Complaining?” I asked, turning to face him.

“Not at all,” Harry said, giving me a fake smile.

“Good. Now let’s close the curtains, I feel like I’m going to get a sunburn from just standing here,” I said.

“That’s almost exactly what Mal said when we got our room,” Evie said as Harry and I closed the curtains.

“Sounds about right,” I heard Mal say as I sat on a bed.

“Okay, so why exactly are Harry and I here?” I asked.

“Well, we need your help,” Jay said.

“With what?” Harry asked.

“Getting Fairy Godmother’s wand,” Carlos said.

“I thought you guys already had that in the bag,” I said.

“Nope, we need your help,” Mal said.

“What do we need to do?” I asked, clearly more interested in the situation than Harry.

“See, Mal came up with this great idea for grabbing the wand during Ben’s coronation,” Jay said.

“Well, let’s hear it,” Harry said.

The four explained Mal’s plan to me and Harry and, unlike Harry, I listened to every detail.