Part 28: True Love

"Cover that back up!" Uma yelled, angrily.

"I will not!" Lumiere said.

"Why don't you tell everyone about the present you got for me, Ben?" Uma asked, holding onto Ben's arm.

"I have an announcement!" Ben called out. "Uma will be joining the court tonight, as my lady!"

"Son-" Ben's dad started.

"NOT NOW, DAD!" Ben yelled, interrupting his dad. "So, as my gift to her, I'm bringing down the barrier once and for all!"

Harry gave me a sideways glance, us both knowing that Uma is getting exactly what she wanted.

"Fairy Godmother, bring down the barrier," Ben commanded.

"I most certainly will not!" Fairy Godmother said.

"I am your king!" Ben yelled, getting upset.

"Obey him!" Uma yelled.

"He's been spelled!" I yelled, getting everyone's attention. "Uma found Mal's spellbook and came here to spell Ben! I tried to warn him but he wouldn't listen."

"Ben!" Mal said, walking up to Ben and Uma. "Ben, look at me."

"No, look at me," Uma said as Ben turned to look at her. "You love me, remember?"

"No, you don't. Ben, look at me," Mal said as Ben turned to look back at her.

"No, you don't!" Uma yelled before turning to Fairy Godmother. "Bring down the barrier now!"

"I do not take orders from you," Fairy Godmother said.

"Ben," Um said, looking towards Ben for help.

"Ben, I never told you that I loved you because I thought that I wasn't good enough. And I thought that it would be a matter of time, before you realized that yourself," Mal said before pointing at the mosaic. "But, Ben, that's me!"

"Ben, eyes over here," Uma said, sounding annoyed.

Ben didn't listen as Mal kept talking. "I'm part Isle and part Auradon. And Ben, you've always known who we were and who we can be. Ben, I know what love feels like now. Ben, of course, I love you! I've always loved you!"

And, with those final words, Mal kissed Ben. It only took a second before Ben kissed her back.

"She got him back," Harry whispered to me.

"Yeah, in such a dramatic way though," I said. "I hope something like that never happens to us."

"Yeah, same," Harry said, holding my hand before we heard Ben start talking.

"Mal?" he asked.

"True love's kiss," Evie said.

"Works every time," I smiled.

"Ugh!" Uma said before walking over to Fairy Godmother. "Give it to me!"

"No," Fairy Godmother said, holding the wand closer to her chest. "Guards, seize her!"

Uma started backing up until she hit the side of the boat.

"No, no! Stop!" Mal said as Uma turned around to jump off the boat. "Uma, I know you. You are so much more than a villain. And you have to believe me because I've been there. Do not let your pride get in the way of something you really want."

Uma only glared at Mal.

"Uma, please don't jump," I said, knowing exactly what she was planning. "We've been friends for so long and, as Mal said, you are so much more than a villain. So please, don't do this."

"Do you really expect me to listen to you and your goody-two-shoes friend?" Uma asked. "Because you're wrong. And when I get back to the Isle, your mother is going to hear about this. And, let me tell you something, she is NOT going to be happy." With that, Uma jumped off the side of the boat.

As everyone ran to look at where Uma jumped off, I stayed back, thinking about Uma's words. They stung and if she tells my mom about me wanting to be good, I'd be a disgrace.

"Chloe, are you okay?" Harry asked, reminding me that he was still standing next to me.

"No, I'm not," I said. "But first, we need to stop Uma."