Part 45: Hades Helps People?!

“Thank you for coming,” Mal said as Hades walked into the room with three guards around him and his hands and feet cuffed.

“Didn’t have much choice,” Hades said, referring to everyone else around him.

I rolled my eyes. “Can you wake her up or not, dad?”

“Since when do heroes care about villains?” Hades asked.

“She’s…,” Ben began.

“One of your own,” Hades finished. “Right. When you guys try to destroy the world, it’s an error in judgement. But when it’s one of us, you lock them up and throw away the key. Right, Beast?”

No one said anything and silence filled the air.

Suddenly, Hades brought his hands up and the guards around him tensed up. “I’m gonna need to use my hands.”

Ben nodded to the guards, allowing them to take the cuffs off and Mal gave Hades his ember.

As soon as the ember touched Hades’ hand, his hair turned to flames. “Haven’t lost my touch.”

Hades turned to walk over to Audrey but stopped in front of Ben’s dad who started to growl. Hades just growled back with a smirk on his face.

“Dad!” Mal said, getting Hades’ attention and snapping Hades out of his growl match.

“Right,” Hades said.

No one said a word as Hades walked over to Audrey’s unconscious body. Hades crouched down at the foot of the bed before waving his hand in a circle and the room began to glow a blue color. With one final wave, blue sparks flew towards Audrey, sitting her up in the bed and waking her up.

Everyone around the room looked shocked. But Ben and Mal’s faces made me chuckle.

“What are you laughing at?” Harry whispered to me.

“I know it’s a serious thing and Hades practically raised someone from the dead, but look at Mal and Ben’s faces,” I said.

Harry looked up at Mal and Ben before he looked down at me. “You’re right. They do look kinda stupid.”

“Audrey, you’re okay,” Audery’s grandmother gasped.

“Tell me it was all a bad dream,” Audrey said, looking around the room with a sad expression.

“I wish I could,” Ben said. “But, it’s over now.”

“I’m sorry,” Audrey said, looking hurt. “I wanted to hurt you both. I wanted to hurt all of you.”

“I have owed you an apology for a very long time,” Mal said.

“And so have I,” Ben said.

“And perhaps, I have owed you one too,” Audrey’s grandma said.

“Oh, yeah,” I heard Hades say before I heard the klink of the metal cuffs go over his wrists.

The guards then led Hades out of the room before Mal followed. “Dad!” I heard her say as she walked out of the room.

“So it’s true?” Harry asked, looking down at me. “Hades is your dad too?”

“Yeah,” I said.

“How is it possible if we’re twins?” Carlos asked, looking over at me.

“I don’t know,” I said as Mal walked back into the room.

“He wants to see you,” Mal said.

“Me?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Mal said.

“Uh, okay,” I said, walking out of the room.

“Chloe,” Hades said.

“Hi, dad,” I said.

“I need you to watch Mal for me,” Hades said.

“Why? What’s up with her?” I asked.

“I don’t know, I just feel some energy coming from her. It’s strong and I just need you to watch her,” Hades said.

“Yeah, with her mom being Maleficient and you being her dad,” I said. “She should be pretty strong in energy.”

“Yeah, but I really need you to help keep her in check,” Hades said. “With that much power, she could take over Auradon.”

“I’ll watch her,” I said.

“Thank you,” Hades said.

“No problem, dad,” I said.

“It’s so weird hearing you and Mal call me dad,” Hades said.

“Do you not like it?” I asked.

“No, it’ll just take some getting used to,” Hades smiled before the guards took him away.

“Bye, dad,” I called down the hallway.

“Bye, Chloe,” I heard Hades say before he was out of sight.