Part 20: Date Destroyer

Harry had brought me to the most beautiful place on the Isle. It was a small cliff where you could perfectly see Auradon. I lightly gasped at its beauty before turning to Harry.

“This place is beautiful,” I said.

“I know, but it doesn’t match your beauty,” Harry said.

“Smooth,” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Thanks,” Harry smirked.

I looked out across the water to Auradon. “How do you think they’re doing over there? Do you think Carlos still thinks of me?”

“I think they’re doing fine over there,” Harry said. “And you don’t have to worry about Carlos thinking about you. He’s your brother, of course he’s going to think about you.”

“Thanks, Harry,” I said. “I’m sorry for bringing it up but-”

“Don’t apologize,” Harry said. “I understand that you keep thinking about him and that’s totally fine.”

I looked up at Harry and smiled.

Harry smiled at me before he started leaning in. I leaned towards him and our lips met in a kiss. It was a short one but I still loved it. I loved him. No, I just like him. There’s no love between us and we just became a couple today so I can’t love him already, right? Or do I love him because I’ve known him all my life?

“Chloe, are you alright?” Harry asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Yeah, I’m great. I couldn’t ask for anything better,” I smiled.

Harry smiled back at me until our moment was ruined by someone walking up to us.

“Harry, I need you,” Uma demanded.

Harry rolled his eyes. “I’m busy.”

“I know but Kind Ben decided to visit the Isle and I thought we’d give him a warm welcome,” Uma smirked.

“Can’t this wait until tomorrow?” Harry asked.

“Nope,” Uma said. “Now get up.”

“I said that I’m busy,” Harry said.

“And I’m proud that you and Chloe got together but right now I need you so get off your butt and come with me so we can capture Ben,” Uma said.

“It’s okay, you can go,” I said.

“I’m not leaving,” Harry said.

“Yes, you are,” Uma said, grabbing Harry’s arm and jerking him off the ground and forcing him to follow her.

“Bye, Chloe,” Harry called.

“Bye, Harry,” I called back, a slight blush crossing my cheeks.

I sighed once Harry and Uma were out of view. I then looked back at Auradon, wondering what was going on over there. Then my mind went back to what Uma had said, Ben’s on the Isle. Crap! I have to go tell Mal! Standing up, I went down the path that Uma had pulled Harry down until I was back in the rundown town and to my and Mal’s spot.

“Mal,” I said breathlessly after climbing all the stairs.

“Chloe?” Mal asked, looking at me.

“Ben,” I said, still trying to catch my breath.

“Yeah, I know,” Mal said. “Uma’s got him.”

“Crap, I’m too late,” I sighed.

“It’s okay, at least you tried to warn us,” I heard a familiar voice say.

I turned to look at Carlos. “Carlos!” I said, running over to him and giving him a hug.

“Oh, so he gets a special greeting and the rest of us don’t?” Evie asked.

“Yeah, what the heck?” Jay asked.

I let Carlos go before going and hugging Evie and Jay. “What are you all doing here?”

“Mal,” Jay said.

“Listen, I made the choice to come here and be evil again,” Mal said. “I didn’t expect you guys or Ben to follow. And now, we have to go save Ben’s sorry little butt.”

“Alright,” Jay said, putting his arms up in surrender.

“What are we going to do?” I asked.

“”We” are not doing anything,” Mal said. “This is between Uma and me. And she’s a punk! And, guess what?! Now, I have to go get Ben.”

“Whoa, Mal. You’re still going to have to go through Harry Hook and his wharf rats,” Carlos said.

“He’s not a wharf rat and neither are his friends,” I mumbled, earning a sideways glance from Carlos and Jay.

“You’re going to need us,” Jay said.

“Uma said to come alone,” Mal said. “So that’s exactly what I’m planning on doing.”

“Mal, come on,” Evie said.

“She said to come alone. I know one thing, I’m not going anywhere,” Carlos said.

“If it makes you guys feel better, I can go with Mal,” I said. “I know that Uma told Mal to come alone but she won’t take a second guess if I come a few minutes before Mal. I could watch the whole thing and Uma would have no idea. And, if I go, I can make sure everything goes okay.”

“That sounds like a good idea,” Evie said. “Is that okay with you, Mal?”

“Yeah, I like that idea,” Mal said.

“Alright, we’ll be here when you get back,” Jay said.