[ 2 ]

- Noor's POV -

"You need to buy contacts." Amma recommends.

"Why? Do glasses make me look that ugly?" I frown.

"No, it's not that, dear." She says.

Desi people always have something against glasses! I literally can't see without them, stop judging the bad eyesight I did not give myself or ask for.

"Maybe I'll invest in them, when I start making enough money." I say.

I put on the final piece of my outfit: my signature black hijab.

I feel like a black hijab is almost everyone's signature colour. But of course, some girls' signature hijab colour are neutrals or some neon. But black? Always a staple.

As expected, I'm on about four hours of sleep. Maybe three... because I could not sleep a wink since my nerves were out of whack.

I go downstairs and sit at the table. I try to eat my breakfast but it feels like if I eat anything, I'll only throw it back up.

"You will do fantastic, Noor!" Baba reassures me. "Insha'Allah, everything will go well."

I only nod because I'm starting to feel nauseous and talking will probably make it worst.

He's also leaving for work at the same time as me. He's been working as a teller at a bank for as long as I can remember.

We've recently been doing really well off financially. Baba paid off the house a few years back so nowadays, we always have leftover money. Since all of us except Amma work, we've been doing really well, Mash'Allah.

Baba just surprised my sister and I with a new car last month. It's a black Mercedes Benz GLB that we share.

My mother was a sight to see, she was going to murder him for spending so much money but he insisted that it doesn't impact anything because my sister and I agreed to pay for the car monthly.

Baba is just the sweetest! Always spoiling us even if he doesn't have the means to do so.

I finally force all the food down my throat.

"Where's Ayesha?" I ask while putting on my shoes.

"She already left for school." Baba answers.

Oh, right. It's a Monday. She's recently turned 18 and is in her first year of university studying children's studies. She wants to be an elementary school teacher.

"I'm heading out!" I say.

Both my parents give me a quick hug and get in the car to drive off.

I say a quick prayer and head off.

One day, I want to be able to retire my parents so they can enjoy travelling together. I want to replace their cars to something better, I want to get them a big house, I want them to be able to go inside any store they please and buy something without checking the price. I just want them to live the life of luxury.

Insha'Allah, one day!

Once I reach the office's parking lot, I'm mesmerized. The building is stunning, I wasn't expecting anything less, but still.