[ 49 ]

- Noor's POV -

~ One Year Later ~

"Ya Allah! Yasir! You'll miss the sunset! Business calls can wait!" I yell at him as I wait on the balcony.

"I'll be right there, just give me one more minute!" He answers back.

"When your Abbu doesn't listen to me, it makes me want to throw a chair at him. But it also might be the heightened hormones you provide me with?" I smile down at the bump on my stomach.

Yes! You guessed it, ladies and gentlemen! Yasir Khan managed to impregnate me only a few months into moving into a home together because he's impatient man with a sex drive that reaches the height of the Empire State Building.

Too much information? Maybe. But is it true? Very much.

Thankfully, we held all our wedding events just weeks before I got pregnant. If we waited any longer, that would've been a hassle...

I'm about five months pregnant, and I haven't left the house in those five months because of how crazy my symptoms have been. But recently, I've been doing better so I begged Yasir to take me with him because, for the first time, I wanted to leave my house to go somewhere.

And guess where he has brought me?

Bodrum, Turkey.

Sounds familiar?

Mandarin Oriental Bodrum? Aegean Sea? Presidential Villa?

Does that jog the memory? I hope so.

God, I love this place. The view from the balcony is still unmatched.

I breathe in the scent of the sea mixed with some musk. The sky looks different this time around though. But that's only because I'm a hundred times happier than I was the last time I was here.

The bright oranges, reds, yellows and purples look the same, yet they bring a different kind of calm this time. They blend so beautifully into each other, as if they're made for the very reason to look this gorgeous together.

The water is much more reflective... or was it always this glimmering? Maybe my vision was clouded back then? The waves are just as calming and gentle, making me want to have them float me into the abyss.

A pair of strong arms wrap around me.

"You almost missed it." I frown.

Yasir rests his chin on top of my head. "But I didn't."

His arms draw me in closer to his chest, closing the remaining space between my back and him.

"I forgot how beautiful this place is. Call me crazy but it feels much more beautiful than the last time, no?"

"You're right, you are crazy." I tease. "But I agree. It's bringing around a different atmosphere than last time."

"I'm glad I'm here to see it with you again but this time, we added an extra little fella." He strokes my stomach. "Watching the sunset with you while being in a mentally healthier place is dreams that are now a reality. I love everything about it."

"Yasir?"

"Hm?"

"I love you." My voice sounds almost desperate.

"I love you, too." He replies. His hands caress my cheeks gently. "Are you okay?"

I sigh, "I never told you this but... last time we were here, I made a wish that I thought was realistic enough but felt unreachable."