[ 34 ]

A/N: I know I've been linking a lot of songs that inspire a chapter recently but these really help fuel the emotion when I'm writing! The one I linked above [90 Days by P!nk (feat. Wrabel)] really hits different during the second half of this chapter. Of course, I'll let you know when to play it!

- - -

- Noor's POV -

Let me tell you, waking up to the waves of the sea and beautiful sunlight is completely different than waking up at home. It's more of a gentle way of starting your day instead of the usual hectic alarm clock scaring the living life out of you.

Now, you all must be wondering the juicy gossip of how my night with Yasir went... I would love for someone to tell me too because I knocked out minutes after taking a shower and when I woke up, Yasir wasn't beside me.

Though I can tell he did sleep beside me because of the impression on the mattress on his side of the bed.

I quickly get up to check my phone, it's 6:30 AM. I have never in my entirety of life have ever woken up this early all by myself with no life-threatening alarm.

What's the first thing I do? Take a photo of the view so I can post on my Instagram story, of course. Am I showing off? Just a little bit... let a girl live out her dreams!

I quickly freshen up and perform Fajr nama'az, thanking Allah for this blessed opportunity. The view of the sea from the room has fulfilled my spirit for the next while.

I also take a note to take a bath in the master suite's bathtub before we go home because the bathtub is gorgeous! I'd like to experience this even though I'm more of a shower person than a bath person.

Once I get dressed, I decide to finally look for Yasir.

"Yasir?" I call out.

I haven't seen him in the last hour and haven't heard a single sound from anyone.

"What if he ditched me here so he can go back home and spend time with Nadira?" I say out loud in slight panic. "That'd be stupid, how would he even get away with that?"

I laugh at myself for thinking of something so outraged but hey, I'm a little suspicious.

I walk down the stairs, calling out Yasir's name a few times. This time, panic really sets in because I couldn't hear anything expect my own breathing.

"Ah, shoot. My hands are getting cold..." a clear sign that my heart will start pounding like crazy because my anxiety is peaking through.

I stumble across the backyard, which is anything but a normal backyard. It has an eight chair outdoor patio and a large pool, which also overlooks the sea.

But right now, all I can think about is finding Yasir.

"Please tell me he didn't leave me..." my voice starts shaking.

"Boo!" Yasir's loud voice erupts from behind me.

When I tell you my soul left my body, I'm sure I'm not joking.

"Yasir!" I smack his arm. "Why would you scare me like that?"

"I didn't think a small 'boo' would scare you..." he laughs uncontrollably.