[ 35 ]

- Noor's POV -

I ask Yasir if it's okay if I join him after I wash off my makeup and change into comfortable clothes. He agrees and changes into a grey pyjama set himself.

He really chose to wore that tight basic, grey t-shirt that hugs him in all the right places. I had my eyes glued on him for a good 15 seconds before realizing I probably looked like a creep.

Why does he have to look so good for?

Once I finished, he leads me to the patio table in the backyard, which is decorated with candles and fairy lights.

"Oh, what's this? Am I finally being treated right?" I smile as I take a seat.

He was about to take a seat beside me but I stop him, "No, don't sit here!"

"Why?" He raises a brow.

"My side profile is literally the ugliest thing. There's no need to voluntarily see my crooked nose all night." I pout.

"You're ridiculous..." He sighs and takes a seat in front of me.

The table is filled with a variety of a Turkish cuisine. There's seekh kebabs, lentil soup, pide (Turkish patty), kofte (meatball dish), pilav (Turkish pulao), shawarma...

The desserts include baklava, of course. But also künefe, halva and güllaç. There was a tea set right in the middle, probably filled with some kind of Turkish tea!

"Oh my God, you got us shawarma." I say excitedly, clapping my hands together.

"I've seen you eating shawarma enough times at the office to know that it's your thing." He replies.

"Are you calling me fat?" I gasp dramatically.

"What—No! When did I say that?" He stutters.

I burst into laughter. "I'm just kidding. But I can tell you're trying to fatten me up tonight."

"Maybe." He smirks.

"We actually met the night before my interview, do you remember?" I ask him as I think back to the shawarma restaurant.

He raises a brow. "Uh, no?"

I clear my throat to imitate his voice: "Next time, watch your step. It's impolite to talk under your breathe at someone."

He furrows his brows to think back and his expression instantly changes when the memory hits. "Oh, shit. That was you?"

I nod, grinning.

"You should've watched where you were going." He shrugs his shoulders.

"You were just plain rude, even after I apologized." I frown.

"I'm pretty sure I wasn't having a good day." He says.

"Still, rude!" I pout.

"Okay, okay. My bad. Please, indulge yourself in the variety of foods in front of us." He wants me to shut up.

"My pleasure." I grin.

The rest of the night, we exchanged stories from our school days, some were funny and some were questionable.

"What you did to that poor sophomore was unforgivable." I say through my uncontrollable laughter.

"He deserved it! He was going around saying that Lateef was scared of him." Yasir takes a sip of tea. "He really thought he was a big man up until I made it look like he pissed his pants."

"We could've been such good friends if our paths crossed in high school." Would things be really different if we were?

"I agree for once. You would've came up with better plans to get revenge." He chuckles.