[ 9 ]

- Noor's POV -

After that night at Mr. Yasir's house, I've been careful about going to his house to finish work.

He's never mentioned that day, nor has he apologized for his behaviour. But the thing is, I don't even know if he remembers.

The situation with Nadira is so bizarre that I can't wrap my head around it.

She's technically cheating on Shahid yet, Mr. Yasir lets it. It's wrong from all angles but the only person who's always angry and upset over it is Lateef.

Nadira comes by the office too frequently, bringing Mr. Yasir lunches or dinners, calling him darling, giving him kisses.

My mind itches to tell Mr. Shahid. I know it would be the right thing to do but if anyone finds out that it was me, I'm sure they could ruin me with a snap of a finger.

But, then again, Mr. Shahid is innocent in this situation. He doesn't know anything and deserves to know.

The way he looks at Nadira is so heartwarming, the way he calls her name should make her heart flutter, the way he holds her should make her never want to leave his arms.

But this is Nadira we're talking about, she must have a hidden agenda.

And Mr. Yasir is another idiot in this situation. He knows everything, obviously. Yet, he pretends he doesn't. He pretends Nadira isn't married, he pretends she doesn't belong to someone else, he pretends they're happy.

I could see him destroying himself little-by-little every single day. It's killing him inside to see someone he loves in the arms of someone else; not only that, he knows that some other man shares a bed with her.

But what he's not understanding is that he is the other man now.

Why didn't he just marry her? It looks like she likes him too. What's the deal?

"Noor!" It's Lateef.

I smile, closing my notebook. "Hey."

"Have you had lunch yet?"

I look at the time, it's almost 1 PM. "Oh my God, no! I forgot."

"Yasir has been overloading you with work recently. I heard you already did overtime 4 times this month?" He asks.

I nod. "It's fine. Work is work. Besides, my paycheque looks amazing." I grin.

He starts laughing, making my heart skip a beat. "Say... do you want to go out for lunch with me over the weekend?"

My eyes widen. "Just us?"

"You could bring others, if that makes you comfortable." He suggests.

"I'll text you to let you know?" I answer nervously.

"That's okay with me." He winks.

My high school self is screaming right now. I would pinch myself if I wasn't in front of him. I cannot believe Lateef Asad just asked me to have lunch with him over the weekend. I must be dreaming, there's no way.

"Are you trying to seduce my secretary?"

I whip my head towards the direction of Mr. Yasir's door. He's leaning against the door frame with an amused look on his face.

"I am." Lateef smirks.

"You could do better." He sighs.

Asshole!

"I'm doing better than you. At least she isn't married to someone else unlike your Nadira." Lateef rolls his eyes.

I unintentionally grab Lateef's arm out of fear. I stare at him pleadingly to not go any further.