[ 39 ]

A/N: I wrote this chapter while listening to Almost Over by Hedley [linked above!]. You can listen while reading the whole chapter, if you'd like!

Warning: mildly sexual content and inappropriate language ahead.

- - -

- Noor's POV -

I dropped Lateef off at his house because the day was already over anyways.

He wished me luck and I headed over to Yasir's the next day.

I take a deep breath and ring the door bell.

No answer.

I know he's at home, his car is in the driveway.

I try to twist the handle on the door out of instinct and it's surprisingly open.

He never leaves his front door unlocked.

This can't be good.

"Yasir?" I push open the door, locking it behind me.

"Yasir, I know you're at home!" I say loudly as I grab a butter knife from the kitchen, you know, for safety precautions.

"Oh, look who it is! My heartless princess!" Yasir's voice comes from the top of the stairs.

I sigh in relief, knowing he's alive.

"Yasir, I don't have time. I want to show you something." I say as I walk up the stairs to watch him disappear in his room.

"Yasir!" I jog after him, only to find the most saddening scene unfolded in front of me.

Multiple liquor bottles are laying around his bed, while there's one in his hand, with barely a drop left in it.

"Shit, Yasir! What the hell are you doing? You'll die of alcohol poisoning at this rate!" I scold him as I snatch away the bottle from his grasp.

His eyes are dark, almost as if they're bruised. His cheeks sunken in, as if he's starved and dehydrated. His hair is unruly and unkept, just as messy as his clothes.

The mere sight of him breaks my heart.

I quickly grab his arm to flip it over to check on his wrists.

Nothing, there's relief in my heart.

He snatches his arm away. "Always playing the little angel. Always playing the hero of the story." His words are slurred.

"What—you're drunk. Not just drunk, you're piss-drunk." I scold him as I slap his arm that was trying to pick up another bottle.

Suddenly, he grabs my wrists and pins them over my head against the wall. He did it in such a swift motion that I didn't have a chance go recuperate.

"Yasir!" I yell out as my back slams the wall. "What the hell was that for?"

His grip tightens on my wrist as he closes the gap between our bodies.

"You're not in your right mind..." my voice is almost nonexistent.

"Am I not?" He whispers against my mouth. "You want this, you want me, don't you?"

He guides my hand against his chest, trailing down his hard chest.

Okay, now he's freaking me out.

Just as I was about to knee his crotch to escape his hold on me, he predicts my move within half a second. His knees push against my legs in a way that makes it impossible for me to move them.