[ 6 ]

- Noor's POV -

Please don't let it be who I think it is. Please don't let it be who I think it is. Please don't let it be who I think it is.

"Oh! You must be his new secretary!" She flashes her pearly white teeth. "And here I was becoming jealous of the new secretary for no reason!"

This is definitely who I think it is.

Also, what the hell is that supposed to mean?

"Hi, I'm Nadira Fatehi, Yasir's special friend." She winks at him.

Nadira Fatehi... out of all the girls I went to school with, Nadira had to be Mr. Yasir's "special friend".

God, I hate this. I hate this so much.

Nadira Fatehi was a different creature. She was the Regina George, Kathryn Merteuil, and Amber Von Tussle of our high school. I have never thought about taking a life more than I have when I used to see her at school.

I flash her a fake smile. "Noor Malik."

"Noor? Noor from Weston High?" She says in a high pitched tone.

I gulp.

Here comes the horror.

"Yep, that's me." I confirm.

"Oh my God! It's me! Nad!" She says as if that would excite me.

"Nad...?" I pretend to have memory loss.

"I know you know me, silly! Everyone knew me! I was literally student council president, prom queen, captain of the basketball team, oh, the list goes on."

Just as self-centred and narcissistic as ever. I can't believe she was one of the most popular girls in our school.

"Oh... I think I'm starting to remember. You also threw up on stage during one of your plays, right?" I try not to smirk.

Her expression changes into stone. "I don't know what you're talking about. But I was in that play though, I played Juliet!"

"You know her?" Mr. Yasir finally interjects, asking Nadira.

"We were in the same grade and school from elementary school all the way until we graduated high school." She answers.

This really became a high school reunion somehow.

I put the bag of food in Mr. Yasir's desk and excused myself after letting him know I'll be going on my lunch break.

"I dropped it off beforehand but didn't know I would have time to come by. Or else I would've brought it up myself and saved your poor secretary the trouble." She says to Mr. Yasir in an incredibly annoying voice.

There's no way he's stupid enough to believe that. She obviously had someone else bring it because she couldn't bother to carry it up herself. Anyone who knows her for five seconds knows she has everyone else doing everything for her.

I close the door behind me and sigh a breath of relief. I couldn't breathe in that room. Seeing Nadira brought back so many nasty memories. She is, or was, a truly awful person back in school.