[ 38 ]

- Noor's POV -

"Would you like something to drink? Tea? Coffee? Water?" Nadira asks right after I click record on my phone.

I shake my head. "No, thank you."

As if I'm in a hurry to be poisoned today.

"Suit yourself." She shrugs her shoulders.

We're seated in one of her fancy living rooms, which looks as if it's right out of a royal fairytale.

I don't only feel out of place, I look out of place.

"Do you like the decor? Shahid had it renovated by a world renowned interior designer... but that's not why you're here." She says as she places her hand on her stomach.

"You knew I'd come find you for answers." I say as more of a statement than a question.

"Of course. Somehow the rumours broke out and I knew it would've reached your ears, along with Yasir's at one point. Poor thing is probably a mess right now." Her tone is full of mockery.

And it's not at me... she's mocking Yasir.

My blood is boiling so much that if it were possible, it would've burned through my skin.

"So, the rumours are true?" I ask.

She looks down at her stomach, smiling. "Four and a half weeks."

Four and a half weeks... Four and a half weeks... Four and a half weeks... Four and a half weeks...

The chances of this being Yasir's baby—

"If you're wondering, yes, it's certainly Yasir's baby. I didn't sleep with Shahid until two weeks after." She says, shattering every part of my soul.

Suddenly, my ears start closing up, blocking out every sound except for my own beating heart. My mouth is drying up faster than the desert.

She could be lying. There's a big chance she could be lying. But it matches up with what Yasir said... I don't know... I don't know!

"He does get a little aggressive in bed, I'm shocked it didn't happen before." Her words slide through me like a blade.

"You're positive you're pregnant?" My mouth is numb, so numb but somehow the words roll out.

She rolls her eyes and the woman from before, Mel, hands Nadira a paper, and she hands it to me.

It's her pregnancy test results. She's definitely four-weeks-and-a-half pregnant and I'm almost certain the papers aren't forged because of the official stamp on the paper.

"Why would I lie? If I did, where would I get a baby from in the next 8 months when people ask me?" Her words sound so emotionally detached from the situation as if her pregnancy is an object.

"W-what do you p-plan o-on doing?" I hate that my words are faltering but I can't help it.

"Hm... I don't know... depends on how Yasir reacts. If he accepts the baby, I'll probably prepare to run away with him to start a family together. I'm sure he'd be able to support us. We'd finally be so happy!" She grins.

My fists are so tight that my knuckles are turning paper white. The ringing in my ear is so loud that I can barely pick up the words that are coming out of her mouth.

No, no, no, no.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be fine. You two haven't legally married, have you? It should be an easy process to nullify your marriage." She grins.