[ 37 ]

- Noor's POV -

"So, you're like, Mrs. Khan, now? You're like my boss." Rosalie couldn't wrap her head around the idea. "Wait, so can I please get a raise? Can you make that happen?"

Both of us start laughing. Rosalie couldn't approach me at the engagement party because I was being swarmed by everyone else and she had to leave right after the ring ceremony.

"That's crazy, how did this even happen? Did you guys like each other the whole time? Or was it arranged by your parents? I'm sorry, I'm just so confused." Rosalie couldn't stop rambling about all the questions she has and I don't blame her.

"Honestly... I'm sort of confused too..." I admit.

"Noor." Yasir interrupts our conversation.

"Yes?" I answer, looking up at him.

He looks... drained.

"I'll be right back."

"Rosalie, is this your place of work or is it the front desk?" Yasir snaps.

Rosalie instantly shoots up from her chair. "S-Sorry, sir."

We're on our lunch break but I'm sure Yasir's sudden burst of anger scared Rosalie.

I give her the I'm sorry look because I don't know why he just said that.

He shuts his office door behind us.

"Yasir, are you okay?" I place a hand on his cheek.

He swats my hand away. "I'm fine. Just because you're married to me, doesn't mean it gives you the right to slack off. You haven't organized any of the architectural contracts in the right order." He starts raising his voice.

"Yasir," I say softly. "They're not due until end of next week. I'm working on the one that's due tomorrow morning."

He rubs his temples and sits down on his chair.

"You're definitely not okay. Did you get into a fight with Nadira again?" I ask as the thought of his fights with Nadira excites me.

"No." He answers to my disappointment.

I give him a look and hold his hand to make him feel more at ease.

He sighs in defeat, my subtle touches soften him up immediately. "Not exactly. I've been hearing... rumours."

"About?" I raise a brow.

"About Nadira." He stares at the pen on his desk. "She's... supposedly pregnant."

My blood instantly turns cold and my limbs go thumb.

"Shit, is it yours?" I whisper.

"I don't even if she's actually pregnant! She hasn't said anything!" He doesn't deny my claim.

"Yasir, is there a possibility it's yours, if she is?" I ask again.

"I... I don't know." He rests his head on his hand. "Noor, she's probably not pregnant. She was always against the idea of having kids."

I let go of his hand as I take a few steps back.

"When was the last time you fucked her?" My own vulgar language shocks me.

"Noor, you—"

"When was the last time you had sex with her, Yasir?" My voice is now quieter.

"About four weeks ago." He finally admits after a bit of silence.