[ 4 ]

- Noor's POV -

I'm waiting in the lounge, flipping through some magazines. Many of them have Mr. Yasir Khan's face plastered on them: Harvard Business Review, Forbes, WIRED, The Economist, Bloomberg Businessweek, Entrepreneur.

This is... insane. These are top notch business magazines. Even getting a small section in one of these is a big deal, let alone a cover shoot.

"Ms. Malik?" A male voice calls out.

I turn around and nod. His face looks so familiar.

"Good morning." He flashes a charming smile. "I'll be training you today and helping you through some paper work. My name is L—"

Suddenly, it hits me. "Lateef? Lateef Asad?"

He was taken back. "Yes...? How do you know?"

Oh, shit. This isn't good. Why did I say the name out loud?

Stupid Noor!

"I–uh–I went to the same high school as you. I was a sophomore when you were a senior." I quickly say.

He raises a brow, waiting for me to explain how I know him specifically.

"Oh, please. Don't pretend like you and your group of friends weren't the most popular people at that school." I say.

In reality, I had the fattest crush on him for two years.

Two. Whole. Years.

Maybe even after that because right now, my stomach keeps fluttering and I need it to stop. He still looks just as handsome but more grown up.

"Were we that popular?" His tone laced with amusement.

"You were. You knew it and loved every second of that popularity." I laugh.

"Man, I wasn't that self-centred." He chuckles. "I haven't come across many people from that high school after graduating. Noor Malik, right?"

"Correct." I nod.

"Glad to see a fellow Weston Wolf doing well for herself." He says.

"Please don't refer to us like that. I always found that cringey." I dramatically shield my face with my hand as a joke.

We went to Weston High School. The school was a mix of rich, privileged kids mixed with upper-middle class kids because there wasn't any snobby, wealthy private school close enough so those snobby, wealthy kids had to mingle with normal people. And our mascot was wolves.

Weston Wolves. Sounds weird to me.

Oh, and can anyone tell I really hated it at that school?

"Awe, come on. No school spirit?" He frowns.

"Do I look like someone with school spirit?" I sigh. "Besides, I hated that school anyways. I was so glad to be out. That high school was toxic as hell."

"Oh, Ms. Malik is Ms. Mad, Who Holds Grudges." He laughs.

Ya Allah, he still has that wonderful laugh.