[ 46 ]

- Noor's POV -

A few days later, Lateef holds a meeting. He wanted to hold it sooner but I literally couldn't... walk for a bit. Yasir really wrecked havoc on my body but I don't really have any complaints, oops.

"She what?!" I spring you to my feet in shock as Farrah finishes telling me everything.

Farrah nods. "It was her."

"I guess she didn't appreciate you telling her the truth about her." Lateef shrugs his shoulders.

"That's still really messed up." I say.

"I'm sorry." Yasir apologizes. "This wouldn't have happened if I didn't involve you—"

"Yasir, my stupid prince, I'm sorry to break it to you, she would've done this whether you associated yourself with me or not." My words come out harsher than I'd like it to.

Farrah and Lateef look at me, then at Yasir, then back at me with a disapproving look.

I look at Yasir, his expression is... hurt. He's looking down at his hand and nervously clenching and unclenching his hands.

I quickly realize I shouldn't have yelled at him for being angry at Nadira. God, this churail's name itself brings a storm.

I rest my hand on Yasir's cheek. "Hey... I'm sorry. I'm just upset about her. I didn't mean to scold you."

He sighs and gives me a sad smile. "I know... I'm just—I just want to move on. I want to close that chapter of my life but it's never ending."

I pull him towards my chest, stroking the back of his head. "I promise it'll be over soon. I promise you we'll be able to move on and start over very soon."

Seeing Yasir look so afraid and vulnerable tugs at my heart. I can't see him this weak ever again, I won't let him break down.

"Ahem." Lateef clears his throat, getting my attention. "So... I haven't told you guys this but... I called Nadira and Shahid over. Shahid should be here in about 30 minutes and Nadira will be here in about an hour or two."

"What?" Farrah gasps.

"To be honest, it's not just Yasir that wants this to be done with. I do too." Lateef sighs. "I've never told anyone this before but... somehow, at some point, I fell for Nadira too."

"I mean this with no offence but what the actual fuck?" Farrah raises a brow.

Everyone suddenly forgets that Lateef just said that he called Shahid and Nadira.

"My God, what the hell did you men see in her? She is a literal reincarnation of the Devil himself." I say, genuinely not understanding.

Yasir sits up so quickly that I didn't even notice him leave my arms.

"I know, I know. Biggest mistake of my life. I regret it to this day. I almost feel disgusted that I ever liked her." Lateef looks extremely disturbed by it himself. "I even dated her for a few weeks before she started with Yasir."

"What the hell, Lateef? Why am I finding out years later?" Yasir looks upset.

"It happened so quick; it started and ended in a blink of an eye. This was before you told me you liked her. She was horrible to be around, to be honest. I would've gone bankrupt if I stayed with her for another second." Lateef says. "She wasn't even fun to be around. She didn't see anything except for dollar signs."

"What did you two see in her? I'm genuinely curious. I really want to know." Farrah asks.

"She had this kind of... energy to her? It pulls you in and you're just mesmerized." Lateef starts. "But you don't realize it's negative energy until you're in too deep."