[ 11 ]

- Yasir's POV -

I couldn't believe I was here with someone else other than Nadira. I couldn't believe that this someone else is my childish secretary.

The most unbelievable part out of everything is that I think I might just be enjoying myself. I can't tell whether it's because teasing her is extremely easy or if it's because I haven't been able to relax in years.

Noor can be a bit too bubbly and energetic, I find that kind of energy too dangerous. She's nothing like Nadira.

Nadira's more composed and calm, doesn't jump around much, she sticks to her own matters. That's one of the things I love about her.

I stare at the picture I had the poor, old man take. Just in case this girl starts getting out of hand, this picture will do the trick.

I can tell she cares about her parents' opinion about her, it's obvious. She couldn't possibly be wearing such covering clothes if she wasn't being pressured into it.

I'm sure her parents would freak if they saw the picture. It won't do her poor soul well.

• • •

- Noor's POV -

I place Munchkin in the back seat, positioning him properly so he wouldn't fall.

"Are you serious? It's a toy." Mr. Yasir grunts.

"His name is Munchkin. Give him some respect. And yes, I'm serious. It's my first gift to you." I try to hold in my laughter.

"I'm going to have to see your birth certificate at one point because there's no way you're above the age of 10." He says while looking out the window.

I ignore his comment and look at my tired feet. "Do we have to go to the dinner? I'm exhausted."

"We were out only for an hour." He's really close to just kicking me out in the streets.

"I can barely stay out of the house for more than 30 minutes unless I'm at work, getting paid."

"Unbelievable." He mumbles.

We pull up in front a lavish Italian restaurant and the valet opens the door for me as Mr. Yasir opens his own door.

He gives the keys to the valet and plops his elbow out.

I stare at it for a few seconds, "Is something wrong?"

He sighs and takes my arm to wrap it around his.

I quickly unhook our arms. "You should at least ask before taking such bold steps. You didn't even confess your undying love for me yet."

He looks like he wants to hit his head against the closest wall. "Ms. Malik, if you don't comply right now—"

"I'm not holding your arm." I say simply.

"Yes, you are." He puts my arm back over his again.

"Why?" I ask.