[ 15 ]

- Yasir's POV -

So, was it the money? I had her pay for a fancy dinner she could've never dreamt of. She could've just asked, I would've just paid her back.

"That's not the point!" She yells, her voice gets weaker. "Just one text saying you won't come back or you're busy. Just one would've... would've done the job. Just being a decent human being would've done the job."

"You're overreacting." I tell her just how it is..

"I was scared, for God's sake! You brought me somewhere I've never been before and disappeared without saying anything. I was scared, lost and alone. The only thing that was familiar to me was you and you left me all by myself. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't breathe, damn it!" Her voice quivers as if that night had left with some sort of trauma.

"And on top of that, your so-called girlfriend told me off while I was already in such a bad place. All I wanted was some decency. That's it." Her eyes are sparking like glass, fresh tears ready to spill over. "You should've just fired me."

I was scared, lost and alone. The only thing that was familiar to me was you and you left me all by myself. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't breathe, damn it!

This feeling, the feeling she just put into words brings me back to one of the worst days of my life. The day Nadira told me was marrying Shahid, my life fell apart.

That's exactly how I felt: Scared, lost and alone; The only familiar person in my life just left me, just like that, making everything around me so unfamiliar; I couldn't breathe, Hell, I thought I was dying.

Without thinking, I hold Noor in my arms. Something from within me pulls me to her just that very moment because something in me realized I made her feel the same way Nadira had made me feel and still makes me feel: scared, lost and lonely.

Something at that exact moment made me forget everything except for the woman who's in my arms.

• • •

- Noor's POV -

I gently push him away, instead of being aggressive because I can tell I triggered some horrible memories for him just from the way his expression is in the saddest state.

"I-I have to go." He basically runs out of the room, leaving me there all by myself trying to figure out what just happened.

I'm scared I just shared a very intimate moment with my boss and now I'm going to Hell.

"Amazing! Wonderful! Absolutely extraordinary!" I say out loud, sarcastically.

The feeling of my heart racing is still making me feel a little lightheaded.

"This man is crazy." I mumble as I walk out, grab my things and leave for the night.

• • •

"Hey! Have you figured it out yet?" Rosalie asks the next day.

"Figured what out?" I ask.

"Why all the ladies here look so similar?" She smirks.

I shake my head. "Are you finally going to tell me?"