[ 25 ]

- Yasir's POV -

"How do I break it to Nadira?" I think out loud.

"Easy. She'll find out at tomorrow's party without a warning." Lateef answers.

"That might hurt her." I frown.

Lateef only snorts. "Sorry, I didn't mean to. If you think about it... Nadira didn't warn you beforehand either. You found out at her engagement party, it'll be like teasing her."

There's a bit of mockery in his voice but he's not wrong. She didn't personally tell me anything until after we found out at her engagement party. I guess it wouldn't hurt anyone to play around with her feelings.

"Did you help Noor pick a dress?" Lateef asks.

I raise a brow. "Why would I?"

"Uh... Because you said you would." He looks at me confused.

I roll my eyes. "I have more important things to do than help Noor pick a dress. Besides, I sent mother to help her. She'll be fine."

"Wow, you started off your husband duties with such a bang!" He says sarcastically.

"It's just a dress." I grunt. "Not a big-fucking-deal."

He sighs. "It's fine. It's better if its a surprise. She'll probably take your breathe away with her entrance."

I chuckle slightly. "Sure."

I don't think any other woman has managed to make my heart flutter, other than Nadira. Tomorrow would be no different.

I just hope Nadira will understand why I'm doing this. This is better for us in the long run when she finally leaves Shahid for me. We can finally start a family, far away from here.

"You know what would be a really fun experiment on your wife and girlfriend?" Lateef purses his lips so he doesn't laugh. "If you suddenly told them both that you're broke and need to sell everything to start over. Just to see each of their reactions."

"I know you're trying to make Nadira look back. Obviously she'll react with a panic, she's always been like that." I answer.

"I know she will. But I just want to know how they'll handle the situation because they're both such different individuals." Lateef thinks.

"I don't have time to play game, Lateef." I sigh.

"I'm not forcing you, it's just a fun game. Not all of us have two partners to play around with." Again, his tone holds a mix of annoyance and ridicule.

Something about this stirs a deep panic within me. How would Nadira act and how would Noor act? Why do I have a feeling that I might not like the way either of them would handle the situation?

"Sir?" Lateef snaps his fingers in front of me. "Do you want to stay after work to finish this? Because I don't."

"The arrangement for this company doesn't apply to..." I go back to talking about business as if nothing happened.

"Tomorrow will be fun." Lateef randomly adds to our conversation.

"Okay?" I give him a look.

Tomorrow will be chaos.

• • •

- Noor's POV-

The shopping trip was exhausting. Yasir's mother wasn't lying when she said we'll need the massage seats afterwards. I couldn't feel my legs or my arms.