[ 7 ]

- Noor's POV -

"You don't drive yourself?" I accidentally ask too bluntly as his driver opens the passenger door for me.

He only looks at me with a crinkled brows and looks away.

Once I'm seated, I realize it's those fancy cars that literally feel like a luxurious living room with big screens and a lot of buttons. There's even a curtain separating the back passengers from the driver.

"Take a few notes." He says.

"Me?"

"The marketing team needs to focus on the clientele who can provide with the finances as well as the quality." He doesn't give me a chance to pull out my notepad before he starts talking.

I stumble with my pen and notebook, trying to rush open to write only for my pen to jump off the armrest and onto his lap.

My eyes widen. "Oh my God, I'm sorry."

He massages his temples as if to destress and picks up the pen to hand it back to me.

"Are you ready, ma'am?" He says almost sarcastically.

I quickly nod, my cheeks burning up from feeling embarrassed.

He says a few points he wants to make during the meeting and he's making me write it so he doesn't forget.

His words flow so smoothly when he speaks about work. At times, I didn't understand the concepts he spoke about because I never heard of them but honestly, from what I'm hearing, I'd just sign the contract if I were the other company.

"Amazing." I whisper to myself while staring at the notes.

His thoughts are so organized and detailed.

I drop the notebook by accident when the car goes over a bump. "Why me!" I scold myself quietly as I quickly go to grab it.

I look up from the notebook to see him staring at me, not in any kind of an odd way. It's as if he's observing, trying to understand something about me.

But my idiot self instantly thought there was something on my face.

I touch the corner of my lips, "Is there something on my face? Is it the pen?"

"You're astonishing." He shakes his head as he looks out the window.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I frown.

"How can you be that clumsy all the time?" He asks.

I'm pretty sure this is the most I've talked to him since starting.

"The notebook wasn't my fault, it slipped. But neither was the pen my fault because I swear, it just dropped."

"You really are daft." He sighs.

"I'm daft? You're dating Nadira out of all the women in the world. I'm sure one of us is the dafter one and it's not me." I have never covered my mouth with my hands as fast as I just did.

"I-I'm so sorry, sir. I didn't mean to... this is so embarrassing. I'll just..." I squeeze my eyes shut and turn away from him.

"Do not cross that line ever again. I do not want to hear you say anything about Nadira, do you understand?" He sounds angry but I don't dare to turn to look at him.

"Y-Yes, sir." I wanted to tell him the comment was about him but I didn't bother. I'm an inch away from losing my job at this point, I'll shut up.

The rest of the ride was quiet, I looked out the window for all of it. I was scolding myself for not bringing my earphones, I could've snuck it under my hijab.