Ch. 20 🖤 ADORABLE 🖤

(Mina's POV)

Before he could lean any further, I flinched, pushing him away. As a result, I lost my balance and his grip on me slipped, causing me to fall down from the tree.

I shut my eyes tightly thinking of it as the end of my life but then, I saw a hand reaching out to me. Before I knew it, he
landed swiftly on the ground with me in his arms. I was still gripping his shirt in fear.

It was extremely terrifying.

"Told ya', I won't let you fall." He smiled.

"How can you smile!? I almost had a heart attack !" I yelled feeling my heart pounding against my chest.

"It was your fault. If only you hadn't pushed me so suddenly, without any warning, this wouldn't have happened." His answer made me shut my mouth immediately.

"Have nothing to say, huh? What did you think? That I was going to kiss you?" He teased as I blushed uncontrollably.

"Why would I?" I defended myself, looking away as I finally let out a sigh of relief.

____

"You know... You can put me down now." I said but he kept on walking untill we reached my room. He laid me down on my bed and tucked me inside the blankets.

"Sleep now, okay?" He said before kissing my forehead quickly, surprising me.

"You want to be my mom!?" I blurted out being flustered by the kiss. "Why would you kiss me like a mother?" I mumbled soon after.

"Because, you're a very cute little girl." He patted my head as my jaw dropped at this. It took me a while to regain my composure. And when I did, I made an attempt to kick him only to get my leg held firmly by his hand. I glared at the vampire who was giving me a teasing smile.

"See? Only a little girl would act like this. So childish~" As he said so, I looked away from him and he let go of my leg.

"Just go, I'm sleeping now!"

____

Days passed and nothing changed except for the fact that I stopped talking to him rudely. Vivi had grown up a little. Sometimes, that crazy vampire and I would play with Vivi together. I was starting to think that my life changed in some good way.

I was deep in thoughts when someone pulled my skirt. I looked down only to see cute Vivi pulling my skirt using it's tiny teeth. It wanted me to play with it. I stood up and started running for Vivi to follow me but it ran ahead of me, leaving me behind.

"Hey! You can run faster than me now?" I looked at it being amused.

I looked around wondering where was that crazy vampire. I had not seen him since morning. Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder while I was still looking around.

"Shit! You scared me!" I yelled at him.

"Why are you swearing? It's only me." He frowned.

I ignored him and turned around to go back and play with Vivi but someone didn't like that idea.

"What do you want?" I asked slapping his hand away that held mine before.

"How dare you ignore me?" He asked, coming closer to me.

"Stop teasing me." I replied while rolling my eyes at him.

"Mina, do you like this place now?" He suddenly asked with seriousness visible on his face.

"Why are you asking that?" I looked away.

"Just answer me." He made me look at him by holding my chin. Soon a faint blush appeared on my cheeks by that.

"I... don't dislike being here..." I told and watched his lips forming a smile.

"That's so good! By the way, don't you think you're forgetting something very important?" He asked.

"What?" I asked.

"Here! Happy Birthday." He said with a smile and a beautiful white flower that he offered me.

Speechless and surprised, I accepted the flower with a blank expression. I had forgotten my own birthday probably because of the stress I had in the past days. All I had done was crying and I completely lost my senses for days. Every day, I was locked in that room, crying, not even having any information about the time or  the date. I was only focused on escaping before.

A drop fell on my hand followed by another. Only then I realised, it was my tears. "What...? Why... am I crying...?" I uttered with eyes widened.

I could not help but cry realising that I had no good memories for this day. I was alone all the time. No one would wish me a 'Happy Birthday'. I didn't even know the feeling of being loved truly by someone.

Before I could wipe my tears, I was pulled into a hug by him. He softly caressed my hair which made me feel at ease eventually.

There were times when I cried alone.

"I'm here for you. You can lean on me. I will protect you." He said, still hugging me. I found a strange comfort in his embrace when I hesitantly hugged him back.

"Just forget about those bad memories and cheer up! Today is your birthday and this time, you are not alone. I am here for you, so let's celebrate! You can wish for anything!" He told as I immediately wiped my tears.

"Anything?" I asked to confirm.

"Yeah. Anything except going back home." He said.

I thought for a moment before finally deciding. "Then, can we go out somewhere?" I asked and he was thinking carefully.

"Please?" I pleaded by which, he seemed somewhat taken aback.

"Fine, let's go. I can't say no to you when you act like that. But I must say, you're being too adorable." He pinched my cheek and smiled. But right after that, he gave me a quick kiss on my cheeks as I was left in utter shock.

What is this weird sensation in my stomach...?

~•~

A/N

Hey! How was this chapter? Let me know in comments and vote if you like! I'm always looking forward to your support!

💜💜💜