4. Decisions

Can

I've been packing up cardboard boxes for two days now. Of course, I'm leaving quite a lot of stuff at my father's. I know I will always need to go there to recharge my batteries. But it's also time for me I took my independence. My apartment is already fully fitted and I had also some work done. Aslı, my stylist and friend advised me well for the interior decoration and I'm getting impatient ... Waiting is not my forte. I can't wait to settle down in a place that looks like me. A place that is just mine.

But at least my mind is busy. Between intensive sports sessions with Umut and my moving-in, I don't have time to think about her as much. Four days already and still nothing. I jump every time my phone rings, hoping to hear news from Faruk. He told me he would call me personally. But ever since Sunday, it's Deniz who keeps calling me. I was very clear with her, but she's still trying. Saturday night we did flirt but after meeting Demet's eyes, I became very distant. The spell died down. I don't know how she got my number. I can't believe Nazli gave it to her. Anyway, I'm going to have to solve that.

I'm about to go to the gym when my phone rings once more. I sigh, thinking it's Deniz again but against all odds it is Faruk's name that appears on the screen. I take a deep breath before I connect the call.

"Hey Faruk!"

"Hello Can. I hope this isn't a bad time catching you?"

"Never. I mean, especially if you have some good news...?"

"I have."

"She signed? Did she sign?"

"Yessssssssssss! This very morning! She didn't respond to my first messages so I gave her some time. She ended up calling my assistant yesterday and we met this morning."

"..."

"Can?"

I am completely stunned. She said yes. SHE signed. SHE really did.

"Yes, yes, sorry Faruk, I'm so surprised ... but so very happy."

"You can be. You are going to work together for several weeks."

"Thank you Faruk, thank you."

"I am very happy to have you both aboard this project. Besides, we need to meet tomorrow: I organized a quick gathering and dinner with the lead cast. Demet will be there. You have to join us."

"Of course, of course, you can count on me."

"Perfect. I'm sending you all the details by tonight. See you tomorrow Can."

"Good evening Faruk."

I'm having a hard time realizing. Demet signed. She will be my partner in the Erkençi Kuş series and tomorrow I will finally get to meet her, officially.

I put my trainers on and leave for the gym. I really need to let off some steam.

***