13. In My Arms

July 2018

Can

I've seen pictures of Demet in dresses, each one more sumptuous than the last...and I have to say that usually in the end it's still in the simplest of jeans that she literally cracks me up. But here... this red dress, her bare golden shoulders, the shape of the neckline and this way of marking its waist... I don't know where to put my head...

She is just stunning.

She knows it and throws me a languorous look just as soon as she arrives.

Her perfectly straight hair, her long black eyelashes and her greedy lips only call for the naughty ideas that are running through my head...Get a grip Can, get a grip...

She moves towards me but suddenly interrupts her progress after having picked up her phone. Her conversation seems unpleasant and more and more heated...she ends up retracing her steps and signals to me that she will be back in two minutes.

We shoot a few scenes without her...a quarter of an hour then half an hour goes by but she still doesn't reappear. I end up worrying and signal to Anil that I'm coming back.

I approach her caravan and knock on the door twice. No answer. I turn around half way to look around and look for a trace of her but nothing. Where could she have gone?

I pass several other caravans and move closer to mine, in the middle of a row. I end up hearing little noises...sniffles. I follow the muffled sounds and there she is, dripping with tears, sitting on a makeshift cinder block bench.

« Demet? »

She turns her face so that I can't see her tears.

« Demet???? What's going on? Demet! »

I gently approach her, kneel down in front of her and grab her forearms to force her to look at me. She runs away from my gaze.

« Demet, talk to me...what's going on? »

I pull a strand of her hair away from her face and put it behind her ear. Then I gently caress her left cheek with my thumb to calm her down. Her body is shaken with sobs, she can't speak. At last our eyes catch each other's gaze. I give her a small worried smile and she tries to restrain a sob, without success. So I take her hand and force her to stand up.

« shhhhhhhhhhhhhttt, it's going to be ok shhhhhttttttttttt. »

I take her in my arms, she lets herself go against my shoulder. I hold her and caress her hair tenderly to calm her down. I just need to be there for her, I feel so bad seeing her like this. I think back to the last images before she left the set, her agitated telephone conversation...

« Demet, don't you want to tell me what's going on? Can I help you? How bad is it? »

I can feel her moving nervously in my arms and shaking her head negatively before hugging me harder. She is burying her head in the hollow of my neck. I feel her wet skin against mine. I feel the smell of her hair. I close my eyes for a moment and I savour this timeless closeness, this moment of fullness. The minutes pass...

I should feel guilty about enjoying such a moment...I should.

I continue to caress her hair because I feel it calms down as it goes along. The sobs become less jerky, her breathing normal. None of us are talking. However, something will have to be done, the rest of the team must already be wondering where I am too. I take a look at my watch, I've been looking for her for more than fifteen minutes already...