-51-

"With the 4th pick of the 2023 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select, Zavon Ross. Wide Receiver, USF."

"For real?!" Zavon asks in disbelief.

"That's you, baby!" His mother shouted in joy.

"For real?" He asks again.

"Go on baby," his mother told him.

Without hesitation, he engulfs his mother in a hug and moved on to giving his fiancé one too. She too was in shock, her boyfriend has just been Drafted into the NFL.

When Zay pulls away, he slowly makes his way from backstage up to the stage. He tried to hide the tears that were in his eyes by wiping them away as they came.

Once he got upon stage, he greeted some people and then posed up with a Falcons jersey with the number 1 on the back and with the last name, Ross above it.

—10 Hours Earlier—

"So we just finna stay in the hotel until it's time to go?" Jaelyn asked Zavon as they chilled in their hotel room they booked in Kansas City.

"Yup," Zay kept his answer short.

Jae studied her fiancée carefully, "...you nervous?"

"Tuh...Of course I'm nervous," he answered firmly, releasing a breath.

"Don't be. You gon make it," she tells him with a warm reassuring smile.

"Jae, you don't know that. Cause if ion make it, ion know what I'm finna do wit my life," he says.

"You can always get a normal job...juss sayin," she says to him.

"I don't wanna get a normal job, the fuck is that?" he scrunched up his face.

She kissed her teeth. "You know what? You're gonna get picked."

"Let's pray that I do."

"You got word from your mom?" Jae asked him, changing the subject.

"Yeah, they finna land in a couple hours," he said.

"Ok, can we go now? I'm hungry," she asked him, getting up from next to him on the bed.

"Go where?"

"To get something to eat."

"You don't wanna get room service and be done?"

"Nigga, we in Kansas City..." she trailed off, starting to put her sneakers on.

"And?"

"We ain't ever been here before so let's go out to explore."

"Explore?! Since when did you become Dora the fuckin explorer?"

Jaelyn smacked her lips. "Zay, come on."

"...Aight fine," he starts to get up off the bed.

"Ya shoes are over there," she pointed next to their luggage.

"I know where my shoes are," he looked over at her.

"Want me to put them on for you?" She asked excitedly.

"No...relax."

—8 Hours Later—

"Come, hurry up and take the picture so we can go," Jaelyn told Zay.

He takes a couple more pictures of her. "Aight lets go now."

"