-58-

-Jae-August 20th 2023

-Jae-
August 20th 2023

"What it say?" Zay asked me over the FaceTime call. It looked like he was walking somewhere but I wasn't really sure.

"Zay, I don't now. I didn't look yet," I said in a panicked yet nervous voice.

"Well it prolly gon say negative cause you ain't missed ya shot... did you?"

"I don't know...ion remember. How long it finna take you to get home?" I asked him.

"We're juss leavin. Why? You wanna wait for me?"

"Yes."

"Aight...ima be home in minute."

"Ok...I love you."

"I love you too."

With that, I hung up and went to the closet to put on some sweatpants.

I was at the edge of my seat. I was just sitting on the bed now...nervous as fuck.

That's when I found the urge to get up and go into the bathroom and take up the pregnancy test from where it was on the edge of the sink.

I brought it up so I could see it what it said.

Negative.

I exhaled. The anxiety was killing me so I'm glad to have it calm the fuck down.

I was low key disappointed...if I was being real. I really thought that I was pregnant. Like, I was 95% positive.

I really hope Zay didn't get his hopes up at all.

I walked out of the bathroom with the test in my hand and plopped down on my side of the bed and just patiently waited for him to get home.

As soon as I heard Zay coming through the door, I posted up on one of the stools in the kitchen with the pregnancy test still in my hand.

"Jae!" He yelled, walking mad fast.

"I'm in here!" I shouted.

As soon as I said that, he started heading towards me.

"Did you look? What it say?" He asked me, slowly talking a seat around the dining table.

I nodded. "It's negative."

I tossed the test over to him.

"Damn, I told you..." he exclaimed as he studied the results.

"You mad?"

"Nah, the fuck I gotta be mad for? Cause like I said...God will bless us when we ready..."

I sent him a smile before walking over and pulling him outta his seat.

"Gimme a hug, Zay," I opened my arms wide, still smiling.