Chapter 4

You were startled and a bit freaked out. You made haste to the lobby. "There you are. What took so long?" asked Sam. You could say anything for a moment. You were unsure if you should mention anything. Though it probably would've sounded stupid. So you decided against it. "She was just daydreaming of Gackt I bet" ,Yui chimed in. You wished. But let's go with that. "Yea, that's it. He was just so dreamy in the movie" you insisted.

The three of you went out for lunch afterwards. It helped you forget what happened. Watching the chef cook the food in front of you was incredible. Everything was so delicately prepared. "This is amazing. Way better than anything back home" you said. The chef seemed to speak a little English, "Fish fresh from Tokyo" ,he said. Yui nodded, "The Tsukiji fish market is the biggest fish market in the world and it's right down the street, so every sushi place here gets it right from the source" added Yui. That must be why it tastes so good and looks so clean. "I don't know about you, but that would be a fun place to go check out" Sam suggested. Yui took out her phone, "Good idea. While we're there, I'll see if my cousin needs anything" she agreed.

Later that day, towards the evening, you made it to the market. The inside was huge and the fresh scent of fish filled your nose the moment you stepped foot in the warehouse. It was incredible to see the variety of seafood all the vendors kept here. "My cousin said she wanted some Salmon. I hope we can find some for a decent price here" said Yui, taking a look around. "Isn't Tuna pretty popular?" asked Sam, remembering some of the more common fish Japanese people eat. Yui nodded, "Now buying Tuna here is just expensive. The best restaurants come from all over Japan to bid on the freshest Tuna" she explained. Sounds like loads of yen was thrown out for fresh seafood. Yui led the way through the stalls to the salmon section. She told the salesman what she wanted. He told her the price. Yui reached into her purse for her wallet and then her pockets. "Shiitake mushrooms! I left my wallet in the car" she exclaimed. "I'll go get it" you quickly volunteered. Yui tossed you the keys with no problem, "Don't get lost on the way back" she said. You nodded and quickly made your way back to the entrance. Though confusing, there were plenty of signs around pointing in the direction of specific types of seafood. You were able to read enough to get by. Going back shouldn't be a problem.

You found Yui's car and dug around for her wallet in the car. It was lying under the driver's seat. You put it in your purse for safe keeping. You sat up in the driver's seat for a second and rubbed your shoulder. It suddenly became sore. Maybe you pulled a muscle when you bent down to reach for the waller. You looked in the mirror just to check to make sure nothing was wrong. A place at the base of your neck looked a bit irritated and red. Upon looking closer, you could see two bite marks. That's either a coincidental bug bite or you weren't just dreaming back at the theater. How did you not notice? Though,It could really just be your imagination. Let's hope so.

On the way back to Yui and Sam, you suddenly couldn't stop thinking about vampires. Even if the movie had nothing to do with them. Gackt's character just resembled one. "You alright? You looked puzzled (Y\N)?" asked Sam as Yui was busy paying for the food. Should you be honest? "Just got a weird bite on my neck" ,you said.

"Does it itch?" she asked. You shook your head. "No, it's just tender", you replied. Sam thought for a moment, "Maybe it's a mosquito bite. You could've just got it outside and they don't really start itching for a while" she said. Sam made a valid point. Maybe it was just a bug bite and you were letting your imagination go wild, thinking it was somehow vampire related. Though you never let yourself think of something to this extent. You're not going crazy are you. You nodded, "Yea, your right" you agreed.

Upon returning home, you went to the bathroom to disinfect the 'bug bite' with some rubbing alcohol. This should help get rid of it quickly. You dabbed a cotton swab in the solution and pulled your shirt aside a bit to get a good view of the bite. But as soon as you looked, the red spot was gone. You leaned in closer to the mirror and you saw nothing. The bite mark was completely gone, like nothing ever happened. You didn't really know what to think. You sighed and still rubbed the area with the alcohol regardless. After, you splashed some water in your face to wake you up. "I'm not losing it. Not in Japan" you told yourself.

When you were done with the pep talk, you went to help with dinner. You seasoned the fish with tasty seasonings. This fish was going to come out good. You could tell. "Hey, you guys want some garlic?" asked Yui eating a spoonful of some fresh minced garlic. "Just raw like that?" asked Sam a bit weirded out. "It's good for you. Antibacterial and all that. It not as bad as you think. You flashed back to your 'bug bite'. Sounds like a good idea. "I'll try some. I guess. Can't be all bad if it's good for you" you said. Yui handed you a quarter of a spoonful for starters. Garlic tastes good on food and smells pretty good too. It can't taste horrible on its own. You ate the garlic and crunched the tiny pieces inside your mouth. It was pretty good. Only it did oddly have some heat to it. "Why is it hot?" you asked, reaching for some sort of drink. "I don't know. At least you know it's fresh" said Yui. Well at least it didn't set your mouth on fire like hot sauce or chili peppers. You washed the garlic down with some water. Much better.

You continued to help in the kitchen. Although a few minutes later, you felt a tingly sensation where your 'bug bite' was. It was awkward. The area soon began to itch, so you scratched it. Only to make the sensation now burn. What is going on!? "Is that mosquito bite getting to you now?" asked Sam as she remembered you mentioned it earlier. "Yea. It really itches now" you said as you tried not to scratch but even though the urge was killing you. "Are you sure it's not from a vampire?",Yui brought up. You froze for a second. Was she joking? "They say garlic not only repels vampires but they also irritate vampire bites" she said all serious before laughing. "OMG your face. I'm just kidding. Vampires aren't real, you know" she told you. You forced out a laugh, "You got me real good Yui" you faked it.

Coincidence? You think not!