Chapter 25

When the two of had return to his place, Gackt had kept his word to show you what he was working on. You watched as he pulled out a binder and a guitar. "So is it easier to write the lyrics first or the music?" you asked him. Gackt had sat down next to you holding the guitar. "It depends. Sometimes the lyrics are easier to write than the music and vise versa" he answered. You kind of should've expected that answer. Gackt had taken out some music sheets that were left mostly unfinished. Only the first two pages was filled with drawn in music notes and other things. How was it going to sound? "Is the sheet for the music different than the lyrics sheet?" you continued to ask him many questions. He nodded, "Yes. Words of a song are likely not to have the same notes or rhythm as music in the background. The hard part is trying to meld the two together so it fits. So you can imagine how many times I have to go over them both" he explains. Hours and hours of playing the same song, making it perfect. No wonder why being an artist takes dedication. You nodded in response. Gackt had played a few cords on the guitar to make sure it was in tune. "Ready?" he asked. "Mhmm. Don't worry about being perfect about it. It is a work in progress right?" you told him wanting him to feel comfortable about not being completely perfect. He nodded in affirmation. It took a moment for him to begin. He started to play a soft melody. It was calm and slow. It gave you a feeling of romance and bliss. You could hear the music bounce off the walls and echo. It just added to the song and made it satisfying to hear it reach every part of the house. It caught you off guard when he stopped playing. "Over already? I thought it was really good, well from what you have so far" you told him. Gackt didn't reply for a moment. "Gackt?" you called his name. He was in thought, " Sorry. I'm glad you thought it was good" he gave you his attention. "What were you thinking of?" you asked knowing he was quiet for a reason. "I might have an idea for the next part. Mind if I just experiment?" he answered. He could play all day if he wanted, it was relaxing to just listen. "I don't mind" you said. He nodded, "I'll play a few bars for you and you tell me which one sounds better" he wanted your opinion.

You spent the next hour listening to Gackt play his guitar. You tried your best to give an honest opinion and hopped that it helped him in some way. Gackt had put the guitar away. "How about we get some food. I can't think on an empty stomach" he smiled. "Sounds great. Gonna order take out again?" you asked. "Would you like take out? We can always go to a restaurant" he added. It didn't really matter where, as long as he was there with you. "It doesn't bother me" you told him. "I know a good restaurant to order from" he smirked while taking out his phone. 

The meal arrived and it was time to eat. There was plenty of new seafood dishes to try. You weren't shy and tried everything you could. It was all delicious. "There's one last thing you should try" Gackt insisted. You thought you had a bit of everything already. Before you could say anything, Gackt was holding something in his chopsticks in front of you. It looked familiar. It was in the shape of a ball. The only thing you thought of was takoyaki. Not sure if octopus was your kind of seafood. "Try it" he said putting the food up to your mouth. You let Gackt feed it to you. You were expecting it to be a weird taste but it wasn't that bad. "That was takoyaki, right?" you asked after you had swallowed your food. He nodded, "You know what that is?" he said. "Yes. It's octopus" you couldn't help but smirk at him for some reason. Your phone started to ring. Someone was calling you. You didn't recognize the number but you never knew. You excused yourself from the kitchen to take the call. "Hello?" you answered. "Hello again. I'm assuming you must be his new girlfriend. Am I correct?" said an unknown voice. This guy was talking about Gackt wasn't he? This must be that creep from that night. You were about to hung up. You didn't need this guy tormenting you. "Before you hang up. Let me warn you. That so called rock star killed my daughter" the man told you before he hung up for you. Wait. What did he mean?

Let's recall what you've learned. That man tried to murder Gackt. From what you just heard, was it because Gackt 'killed' his daughter? You couldn't just assume Gackt was a murderer. He'd never do that? It also must've happened before he was a vampire. There must be some other crucial facts. Gackt had come into the room, "Everything alright?" he asked. You couldn't really bring yourself to say anything at the moment. Should you asked him? It was obvious that you just heard something horrifying. "(Y\N) who were you talking to?" he asked serious. He knew didn't he? "He said you killed his daughter. Is that true?" you finally spoke. No use trying to hide anything. Gackt mumbled something in Japanese. You think he said 'that guy is unbelievable'. No doubt he was frustrated. "His daughter committed suicide" he replied running his hand through his hair. He was trying not to get too upset. So this man blames Gackt for his daughter's suicide. But what did Gackt do exactly? "That's horrible. But why does he blame you?" you asked wanting to hear the story from Gackt. You could see many emotions in his face.  "I-I was dating her at one time. But I had to end it because she was too clingy and wasn't in love for the right reasons. A week later, that bastard attack me one night in the studio. I was working late and it was just the two of us. He attacked me saying that I killed his daughter" Gackt started crying as he seemed to recall the night's events. He probably felt like it was his fault. It sounded like it. You wanted to tell him otherwise. He is a good man. But you didn't have any evidence to prove anything. Gawd to see him crying defiantly tugged at your heart strings. You went up to hug him. You felt bad for bringing this up, though you did want to know "I'm sorry. I didn't know it was that personal" you apologized. His head rested on your shoulder, " You don't have to apologize, you should know the truth" he said a bit calmer. There had to be another reason. Gackt couldn't be to blame for this. But things just happen sometimes. Nothing you can do.