Chapter 39

After a few days, you wound had healed quickly. It was almost like you didn't get shot in the first place. Probably a little vampire magic.  "Can vampire heal others?" you asked. "Not exactly directly. But our bites stimulate the healing process. So a few bites around your wound helped" Ren had explained to you. "I'm surprised there aren't vampires in the medical field. Something like that can really save lives. But I know you guys just want your privacy" you replied. "Maybe if the world was different, perhaps. But as long as work together to get humans and vampires together, then we will be a step closer" said Ren. What from you knew, vampires weren't really all that different. Sure they had different diets and abilities, which is reason for people to fear them. But humans also kill one another. So there's not really a reason to fear them as most think. Not everyone is evil. If Gackt can live normally, then there was no harm in being a vampire. You loved him regardless of what he was. 

More days as passed. You spent the time away from Gackt with Yui and Sam. Doing some more exploring around Tokyo while he was busy with work. For once, you felt like you could breathe. There was no weirdo who would follow you anymore. "Say you and Yoshi are pretty serious. When are you too gonna get married already?" asked Yui. "Marriage? We barely started dating since I've been here. There is a lot of things we have to talk about before that is even an option" you replied a little flustered. Although deep down you would gladly marry Gackt in a heartbeat. But that was just the fan girl inside of you. "She has a point. My parents are divorced so I saw how exactly hard it can be to be married. That doesn't mean Yoshi wouldn't be an amazing husband" Sam gave her thoughts.

As time grew closer to the end of your vacation here in Japan, important matters needed to be discussed. You felt like a lot weighted on your shoulders. You really wanted your friends opinions on this. How exactly to bring about dating a celebrity though? Also there was your education as well. You knew Gackt would support you going to school, but you would like to finish in the U.S just so things wouldn't be complicated by transferring. You needed to hear from Yui and Sam. It was the only way. They would know how to sort this out. Who knows how they would react but surely they would support the two of you. You discussed the ordeal with Gackt and even with the other vampires. "We will be able to hide our vampire side but she needs to know the truth about Gackt" Sakura voiced her opinion during one night of discussion. "We've been hiding our secret for generations. I'm sure her friends would be all wrapped up with other matters. They wouldn't go digging around" Ren added. "I promise they're not like that. I really do trust them with everything. I will of course keep the vampire aspect a secret" you vouched for them. Now it was all up to convincing Rei, who was the eldest vampire and the one in charge of everyone. Rei sighed, "I'll allow it just as long everyone keeps on their toes while they're around. But I'm sure that won't be a problem?" Rei asks the group of vampires. They all nodded, "There won't be any trouble, Rei" Daichi had his trust in the group. It felt a little weird to discuss this. It was almost like getting permission on who you could have as friends. None the less, you were glad they were in your favor. You wanted to be able to be yourself with Sam and Yui. You would've felt bad for keeping such a wonderful thing a secret.

The last days of your vacation, you invited them over to Gackt's place. It would be the big reveal. You were of course nervous. But better to do this now than later. Gackt had just came back from a meeting and was changing into something while you invited your friends to sit down with you to wait. The three of you all sat together."So what's the big news? I bet he proposed didn't he?" Yui was all smug about it. It felt like that's what it was. "It's certainly about Yoshi. I would like to be honest with the two of you" you told them. They looked a little confused. "What do you mean? Did he commit a crime or something?" asked Sam. You could hear footsteps coming down the stairs. That was the cue. "Yoshi is Gackt!" you blurted out. It was silent for an awkward moment. "Yoshi is Gackt? You mean he's dreamy like him or is like him?" Yui questioned. "I mean exactly what I said. Just turn around" you assured them. You joined Yui and Sam  as they turned just as Gackt had entered the room. "こんにちは。ガクトです。" he had greeted them with a dashing smile. Their jaws literally dropped.

"Gackt? No F*cking Way!"

"You weren't joking!"