Chapter 24

If only the two of you were back at his place. What a perfect time to cuddle in privacy. This feeling was the best damn thing in the world. Your head was defiantly somewhere in the clouds. The two of you stood there for a couple of minutes in silence, embracing each other. It may have been quiet, but it was satisfying. A sudden knock on the window was heard. The two of you looked. " Hey. The new equipment just came in. How bout we set it up and give it go?" said one of the guys from earlier. It was hard to hear from this side of the window. Gackt nodded and gave him the thumbs up to do so. Does this mean you get to hear him record today? Lucky you! "Want to help me pick out a song to test with?" Gackt asked you. YES! "Sure. I always wanted to see how theses type of things work behind the scenes" you agreed. The two of you left the booth. Gackt had pulled out a couple of binders full of music sheets and boxes of CDs. All his songs were most likely right here in front of you. But it was going to be so hard to pick just one. "Go ahead and look" he gave you permission. You picked up a binder and inspected all the music sheets. You were going to have to decide on a song sooner or later. It was obvious how hard you were thinking of a decision. "Can't decide?" Gackt asked. "No. Give me a letter and I'll see if I have a favorite song that starts with it" you told him. He nodded and smiled, "K" he said. Out of all the freakin letters. "You have like a million songs that start with K! Kimi no tame ni dekiru koto, kimi ga oikaketa, kimi ni aitakute, kimi ga matte iru kara. And they all start with Kimi" you told him with a little pout. "I know. That's why I choose it. I did give you a letter, so pick one" he chuckled. He did give you a letter and it did help a little.  But out of all those songs, the one you could listen to nonstop was 'kimi ga matte iru kara'. It was decided then. You looked for the song in the binder and showed him. "Good choice" he agreed.

It didn't take long for the equipment to get set up. "Got a song in mind Gackt?" his friend asked as he got everything up and going. " Kimi ga matte iru kara. The CDs are in the box behind you" replied Gackt as he went into the recording room. His friend put the CD in and started flipping switch and turning knobs. There were alot. How did he know which buttons did what? "Your mic should be on. Give it a test" he told Gackt. Gackt tapped on the mic and received that static feedback, "Sounds good in here" he said. His friend set up more things and brought up something on the computer screen. "Playing track in 3...2...1" he started. The song started to play. You sat down in a nearby chair to watch. Right on the beat Gackt started singing softly. You mouthed the words as you listened:

"tameiki majiri no kaze no naka, boku ni miseta

kimi no namida no riyuu wa wakaranai
ima mo fusagare-tsuzukeru kokoro no itami wo
dare ga kowaseru no darou

iki wo koroshita mama utsumuite nakanaide
itsudatte...
sou sa deaeru kara

sekaijuu no daremo ga wakaranakute mo ii sa...
kimi ga matteiru nara
ima mo kawaranai kimi wo mite'ru
kono mama..."

You could tell that Gackt enjoyed singing even if it wasn't in front of a crowd. His facial expressions matched his words and you couldn't help but notice the small gestures he was making too. Of course it was a little different listening to it on the album but it had the same feel to it. 

You weren't sure if the equipment used was an improvement or not since you didn't know much about recording anyways. The song was still amazing to you either way. Each time you heard him sing was like another dream come true. You could sit here all day and listen to him sing song after song. Listening to Gackt in person was never going to get old. It was exciting to have a somewhat private concert for yourself. Maybe he'll bring you with him to the studio more after this. If you could be here for the first recording of a new song, that would be freaking amazing!

When the song had ended, everything looked to be working well. You followed Gackt back out to the first room. This time the discussion was more business like from what you could pick up. You waited in silence and just listened for a bit. "Let us know when that song your writing is done so we can work out the music" said one of the other guys. A new song? What kind of song would it be. Rock? Alternative? Romantic? You were totally interested. When Gackt had said his goodbye, you took a chance to ask him some questions on the elevator ride down. "What kind of song are you writing?" you asked. "You'll just have to wait and see" he smirked. How did you know he was going to say that. "Can I at least know the name of it?" you wanted to know something. "Tsuki no Uta" he replied. Moon's song. Hmmm? What could the lyrics be for that? You felt like the song was going to be sweet and slow. You wanted to know more but you didn't want to be spoiled too much. "I can't wait to hear it. Sounds like its going to be tender and sweet with a name like that. How long does it take to write a song?" you asked curious. "I never really timed myself. But it does take a while to write the music. I only have half of the song written and not much of the accompanying music" he told you. Just how long had he been working on it, you wondered. "Maybe you can show me what you're working on. I'm curious to see how songs are written" you offered. It would seem like an easy process to someone who has written songs before, but like authors, you're sure artist could get writer's block. "I'd be delighted to. We can work on it when we get back to my place" he smiled.