Chapter 14

After what seemed like forever, in reality only about 20 minutes, the two of you had arrived. You looked around the area curiously and wondering if other famous people lived over here. Ren had parked the car and opened the door for you. You stepped out and looked at the house before you. You followed Ren inside. Inside every thing was amazing. The place was well kept and decorated nicely. Where was Gackt? "Take a seat and relax. He still might be in the shower. I'll go check" Ren told you as he left you alone. You couldn't help but take this opportunity to look around.
You slowly toured the living room. You'd thought he have pictures or maybe certificates hanging around, but there really wasn't much. Must be all in his room. He did have some paintings of sceneries but doesn't everybody have some in their house? The tv mounted on the wall was pretty big. Not gigantic but pretty modest. Did he like to relax here often? You looked at the sofa, it was a cream colored and leather. You almost didn't want to sit down, afraid you were going to ruin it. You eventually did and tried your best to relax as you waited. You distracted yourself by looking at the glass coffee table in front if the sofa. You saw there was a binder lying underneath. You picked it up and opened it. Inside was sheet music, pages of it. You could make out the word 'piano' printed on the sheets. This probably wasn't any of his music. None of the titles you could make out rung any bells. Wait. If he had sheet music, he must have a piano somewhere, right? Or at least a keyboard. You glanced around the room again and saw a large object covered by a sheet. That has to be it. You got up to uncover it. It was a lovely piano, clean and well kept. You noticed paper that was turned over and resting on the keys. You picked them up and had a look. More music. This time you recognized the title. "Kimi ni aitakute". You absolutely loved that song. The gentle piano in the background and the slow rhythm. You could hear him singing the song in your head. It was such a sweet song. If only he would sing something like that for you. "Do you play?" you heard a voice ask. You turned your head to be greeted by Gackt. His hair was still damp from taking a shower and he was wearing a casual shirt and pants. You then registered what he had just asked. "I don't. I've always wanted to take lessons. But I think anyone who likes music wants to learn some sort of instrument" you told him. You saw his was looking at the pages you were holding. You held them out for him, "It's one of your songs" you said. He took the pages from you and looked at them. "I'll put this away later" he said setting them down on a nearby table. Ren had entered the room. Looks like play time was over. "Let's get to business shall we. The sooner we do the quicker you two can have fun" said Ren. Not sure if fun was the word but let's go with that.

You and Gackt sat down on the sofa. You gave him his space and awkwardly sat on the total opposite end of the 4 seat sofa. Gackt turned towards you, "I won't bite" he commented then realized what he just said "I mean you can sit closer" he fixed his words. It was still a bit weird enough to be with Gackt in his house. You'll probably never get over that honestly. But if he insisted, you could scoot closer. You moved over one seating. You felt like it was good enough for you, for now at least. Ren was standing in front of the sofa, clearly in charge of this debate. If you and him already discuses what this blood addiction was, what was next to learn. "For today I figured well get you familiar with simple vampire characteristics. Like with anything associated with vampire, its easy enough to say we have fangs on our upper canines. When we're not on the hunt, its pretty hard to tell they're fangs unless your specifically looking for them. On the other hand when we are looking for blood, our fangs double their size. Of course this is extremely noticeable but this helps up bite down enough to get the wound open for blood to flow outwards. Questions?" Ren explained like you were in some sort of vampire school. But those details about fangs were kind of obvious but good to know the facts from common fiction. You shook your head, not having any questions. Gackt mostly was lying back and listening to Ren's speech. "Good. Next topic is vampire senses. Going back to being on the hunt, as I say, vampire senses are nearly tripled than the average humans. This of course helps us locate victims or in other cases our 'partners'. We can smell blood from a few hundred feet and hear twice as good as humans. Our vision also becomes clear and sharp allowing us to see well in darkness. One thing that doesn't change is our taste" Ren continues. "So how is it I get ahold of  (Y/N)'s scent when even she isn't wearing anything scented? Is it a blood thing also?" asked Gackt. You didn't even know he was able to track you by scent alone. "Exactly. One we have a taste of the victim who has the special addictive blood, even that has a scent. Its a bit hard to explain but it does have to do with our memory of tasting it. That scent will be stronger if she ends up bleeding from wounds or when you're in need if blood" Ren had explained to him. How much did Ren know? He must've been a vampire for a long time. "Instead of calling me a victim with special blood, can we have a different term since I'm not exactly a victim anymore" you asked. It was true. You were sure there were other ways to put it more gently. "Alright. How about 'partner' then? It's neutral and can range from a mutual relationship to an actual courtship. Better?" Ren came up with the name. Actually that was perfect. You couldn't think if a better word. "Alot better" you agreed. "It does make more sense that way anyways" Gackt also agreed. Ren nodded satisfied. He then went on to talk about the myths that came to mind with vampires. Especially the garlic thing. "Garlic burns our tongue and throat if eaten directly. Usually its not a problem in a victims blood unless they were to have everything with a side of garlic or just eat one raw that same day. However, we can detect trace amounts in our victims blood. It just causes a bit of discomfort for a few minutes" Ren explained.
This was honestly alot to remember in one day. It almost felt like your life depended on this information though. You'll try your best.