Chapter 7

You all left the theater to go celebrate. Meeting Gackt was freaking amazing and you had a picture to remember it forever. How lucky can a girl get? "Looks like I got our next plan you guys" Yui said, slurping some ramen. She was referring to a festival poster that was this weekend. "Please tell me you have some extra kimono we can wear" ,you asked her. Yui nodded, "Of course, I do. I just have to dig them out of the closet" she added. "Maybe (Y\N)'s luck will rub off on us. I'm hoping to run into some cute guys" Sam mentioned. "Hey, I still need that luck. Just because I ran into Gackt, doesn't mean I'm going to marry him. Although that would be fantastic though" you said, thinking about the impossibility of such a thing occurring. "A girl can dream", said Yui. The rest of you ate your ramen and discussed how you'd dress for the festival. Wearing a kimono would be another dream come true. Even if marrying Gackt was just a silly fantasy and no one would ever come close to his handsome features, you still want to meet a cute guy regardless. There has to be a big chance you'll meet someone. Everyone goes to these sorts of festival things.

Gackt POV

Going home that night. I realized Ren was right. I couldn't stop thinking about biting her again. Would another bite satisfy this hunger? No. There was no way. I'd only feel more desperate than I feel now. However, Ren is also right about the chances. I'll probably never come across her again. There must be some way to increase my chances. Despite Tokyo being so densely populated. Let me think for a moment. What do I know about her already? Only that she's a fan of mine. The first time I bit her was at the movie premiere. There's a good chance she could've gone to that and\or the Q&A. Only problem is, I have no idea how to see who was there. Although Ren would be able to look into that for me. But I don't need him rubbing it in my face either. "You might as well just admit it" I heard Ren's voice enter the room. Speak of the devil. As much as I didn't want to, I had to find her or risk getting worse. "Help me find her. Just once more" I said, a little ashamed to be so desperate in this way. "Very well. Anything you can think of to give me clues on where to start?" Ren asked. I told him about the chances of her attending the movie premiere and Q&A. "We can start there. I think I can bring up a list of people who bought tickets and\or VIP passes" he said, pulling out his laptop. I waited patiently as he somehow pulled up the names. "There is a problem. They don't come with pictures. But we can at least narrow it down to only the woman" he continued as he added adjustments. After fixing the list, there were still too many people to sort through. "That didn't really help much. There has to be something else that would make her stick out" Ren was trying to think. So was I. I tried to picture her face again. Wait. That's it. She wasn't Japanese. I was sure of it. "She's not from Japan" I said out loud. Ren smirked and went back to typing on the keyboard. "Bingo. There are about 20 names that aren't Japanese. I'm sure most of them might have some sort of social media we can look into to find a picture" concluded Ren.

Ren typed in individual names into the search bar. None of the pictures from various social media so far rung any bells. "Next one is (Y\N)" Ren entered the name. I saw an account for (fav social media) pop up with her name. Ren clicked on the link and brought up some pictures. I scanned her face to see if she was familiar. "That's her" I said. Ren shoved the laptop into my hands. "Have fun stalking" ,he said, making fun of the situation. I wasn't amused and closed the computer, "No way! I'm not going to do that!" I refused. "You want to see her again?" Ren sighed. I slowly opened the computer again and was annoyed that Ren knew exactly what I wanted. It was like he was in my head. Under (Y\N)'s post it said that she was still in Japan. She also attended the premier, Q&A and the same theater show I was at. The page suddenly reloaded. 'Can't wait for the festival this weekend. Going to wear a kimono for the first time' she just posted. "She's going to the Tokyo festival" ,I told Ren. Ren looked pleased. "Alright then. I'll make sure your schedule is free for tomorrow night" he said. Guess having him as a manager came with a perk. I had another peek at her profile. I was surprised she didn't have the picture she took with me on her profile. I wonder why. I clicked the x on the web browser. It won't do me any good to watch her every move on social media.

Your POV

The day of the festival came quickly. That morning, Yui was running around getting you and Sam ready. I had picked Yui's (Fav color and design) kimono. "Thank goodness the weather will be warm tonight. Perfect for a kimono" commented Yui as she pulled out a set of multi-colored eyeshadow. "I don't want to cake my face in makeup Yui" ,you told her, thinking too much makeup would be going overboard. "It's just a little color. Trust me. All the girls do it" she insisted. You looked at Sam. "She's the expert" shrugged Sam indifferent. You'd just have to trust Yui with your make up then.

The sun began to set. The three of you fashioned your hair. You put your hair into a ( bun, ponytail, braid etc). Yui assisted with helping you and Sam put on the kimonos. It was just as elegant as you thought. Although it did kind of limit the range of motions you could do. Not like you'd be running or jumping anytime soon. Beauty came with some drawbacks. Yui fixed you up with a nice shade of (color of lipstick) for your lips and (fav color of eyeshadow) for your eyelids. You also applied (mascara, eye liner etc). The three of you were definitely looking your best. You felt confident. On your way to the festival parking lot, you could see other women dressed in kimonos. Some went more natural, while others seemed to like a lot of makeup. You hoped the makeup you had on wasn't too much for the guys here.

On the festival grounds, you noticed a lot of people wearing the masks of animals or even oni. "Is this a normal thing?" you asked Yui. "Mhmm. People always wear masks for these occasions in Japan. It's just very festive" she smiled. Now that you think about it, you do remember seeing characters wear masks in anime or documentaries concerning Japanese festivals and performances. It was really interesting to see in person.

The three of you spent time exploring and had plenty of fun trying food. At one point you sat down to watch a ceremonial performance. It was beautiful to watch the dancers. During the preparation for the next performance, you felt like you needed another serving of (dango, taiyaki or dorayaki). "I'm going to grab another sweet. Anyone up for more?" you asked. Sam and Yui nodded in agreement. They both were okay with whatever you brought back. Sounds good to you.

You walked back to the food stands and looked for your choice dessert. Where were they again? Maybe someone around here knows. You tapped a nearby person's shoulder. "Excuse me. Do you know where the (dessert) are?" ,you asked politely in Japanese. The man was quite tall and was wearing a kitsune mask. You could see his blue eyes through the openings. He was dressed very handsomely. Guess the men here actually do dress up for festivals over here. "I do. Would you like me to show you?" he asked. How polite of him. You nodded, "Yes. Thank you very much" ,you told him. As you followed the man, you couldn't help but think if you should take a chance and get to know him. It wouldn't hurt and you were sure the girls would understand. The two of you arrived at the stand, "Thank you again for showing me. (awkward clearing of throat) Do you like (dessert)?" you tried to make polite conversation. "Yes. They happen to be my favorite" he answered. Nice! You got a reply. "Tonight was my first time trying them. I like them alot" you told him. He looked at you closely. "You aren't from Japan?" he asked. You shook your head. "I'm from America" you replied. He didn't seem too surprised. "May I ask why you are here in Japan?" he went on, just asking polite questions showing his interest in you. "My friend invited me to go see Gackt's new movie. I thought it would be nice to spend a few weeks here and enjoy myself too" you said. "Really? You came all the way to see Gackt's movie? Impressive. You must know Japanese pretty well" he commented."I'm still learning but I have a friend who was a transfer student from Japan and she's helped me learn a lot" you explained. "That's very good. I'm glad we can communicate. I think it's admirable to have such a dedication to a language" he gave you complements. This guy was definitely saying the right things. He was polite, easy to talk to and hopefully handsome as well. "You want to come sit with me and my friends to watch the performance. I'd like to talk more" you invited. He got a little quiet. Was he nervous? "Sure" he agreed. Phew. You thought he was going to decline. You got your desserts and had him escort you back. "I never asked your name" ,you said on the way back. "....Yoshi" he replied. "I'm (Y\N). Nice to meet you Yoshi" you said.