Chapter 16

No one else ever called you cute before. Family and close friends didn't count. But if he wanted to have a field day and take some pictures, you'd be dumb to not say yes. "I'd be happy to" you agreed. He smiled at you. It was a smile handsome enough to make you melt into a puddle. "How about we take a really cute one? You could sit on my lap and wrap your arms around my neck" he suggested. He was literally trying to give you a heart attack. "You'd let me...sit on your lap?" you asked surprised he would consider it. Not like it was wrong or anything. Maybe he's more affectionate then you would've guessed. "If it would make you uncomfortable, you don't have to" he replied genuinely. You've always would fantasize sitting in his lap or cuddling him but now that its real, you realized how much of a fumbling, shy fan girl you really were. "I wouldn't mind as long as it's okay with you" you told him honestly. You knew he was, he was the one who suggested it in the first place. "Come sit" he said giving you a playful look. Oh dear Gawd, if a look could make you pass out that would be it. Just imagine if he was more flirtatious. It would be deadly. You reluctantly moved your behind so you were sitting on his lap. He adjusted your position so that your legs were diagonally across and slightly hanging over the edge of the couch. You instinctively wrapped your arms around him in the need to balance yourself and keep you from falling onto the sofa. Gackt chuckled at your sudden need for stability. You realized just how tightly you were clinging to him. It must've been a mix of shyness and need for balance. You felt an arm support you on your back, "Just relax you're not going to fall off a building" he reassured you. It sure felt like it. You tried your best to relax. He's a friend, although under a really weird circumstance. He wasn't going to trick you and bite you any more. Well at least not without permission anyways. You let some of your weight rest on him. You were able to actually focus on your senses now. Gackt was breathing steady. He was calm, holding on to you securely. You could even take in the scent of his hair, which smelled like whatever shampoo he had used earlier in the shower. It was a pleasant and soft scent. Your arms weren't as tense anymore. "Better. Would you like me to take the picture for you?" he commented. Oh yea. Your hands were kind of full right now, holding on to him. "Okay" you allowed him to hold your phone. A sudden text message from Yui popped up. She was asking about how the date was going so far. "Want me to reply for you?" you asked. If you didn't reply now, Yui was going to blow up your phone until you answered. "Please" you gave him permission. You watched as Gackt texted back "Fantastic" and sent it. Was that how he was feeling? Although the word was a good choice and being with Gackt was pretty fantastic to be honest.

Back to the picture, Gackt held the phone steady as he snap another pic of the two of you. "Want this one as well?" you asked knowing he would. "Of course" he replied and returned your phone to you. You sent him the pictures through a text. Hmmm. Which picture should you put as your background. You did like both of them. Maybe you'll decide later. "Anything you would like to do?" he asked. You were still on his lap for the moment. You wanted to try playing on his piano. It was the first thing that caught your attention in the room. Maybe he could show you some notes. "How about the piano?" you requested. "It had been some time since I've played. Alright" he agreed. "Do you play a lot in your spare time?" you got up. Gackt nodded, "Mostly if I need to write, but I don't mind playing just to play" he answered. He  must spend hours upon hours on the piano. You pulled out the bench that was hidden with the piano and sat down to wait for him to join you. Gackt had took something from one of the side tables. You then remember the song you found earlier. It would be amazing to hear this song in person. " I'll make use of this since it's out" he said as he put the sheets of music on the piano stand. You looked at the sheets of music for 'Kimi Ni Aitakute' you really didn't know what anything meant on the page. It should make sense with a little explaining. Gackt knew exactly where to put his hand across the keys. He started playing the first line of the music. It was really amazing. As he got to the part where you expecting him to sing, he didn't. It didn't really bother you. Just the melody of the piano was relaxing to listen to. In your head, you could hear all the words. His hands moved lightly and freely up and down the keys. He must know this song really well to remember it. He suddenly stopped. What happened? Did he get to the bottom of the page already? "You stopped?" you said out loud. "I know. It just doesn't sound right without words" he replied. Oh no. You knew where he was getting at. You're not singing in front of a pro. It's too embarrassing. "You want me to sing don't you?" you said. "How about I sing the first verse with you?" he was trying to create a comfortable middle ground. Well that did make it a little better, you had to admit. It was just you and him. Just do it. Nothing to loose. You sighed in defeat, "If you insist. But I'm not going to be as good as you are" you said honestly. "I don't care. Just let the words do the singing for you" he told you. You nodded. 

Gackt replayed the beginning slowly. He paused for a few seconds at the part he would usually begin singing. He gave you a glance to cue you in. After he started with the first word, you shyly joined in with him. " Kimi ni aitakute dare yori mo aitakute. Mou ichido kono te wo tsunaide hoshii" the two of you sang together. His voice was smooth and strong but had a hint of tenderness. Gackt continued to play and sing as the two of you sang through the first part: 

"Kono heya ni mada okiwasureta
Kimi no omokage wo sagashiteiru yo
Me wo tojireba ima mo kimi ga soba ni iru you na ki ga shite
Itsuka wa atarimae no you ni
Wakare ga kuru koto wakatteita no ni

Kimi ni aitakute dare yori mo aitakute
Wasureru koto nante dekiyashinai kara
Kimi ga mienakute nandomo kizutsuketa keredo
Mou ichido kono te wo tsunaide hoshii"

You sang as best you could and enjoyed the harmony the two of you created together. When the second verse came up, Gackt stopped his singing like he said he would after the first part. You felt your face flush as you sang alone. You tried to focus on the song instead of your feelings.You pretended you were singing in your room like you always did. Everything became alot easier and less nerve wrecking. You sang the second verse by yourself as Gackt continued to add the piano as background:

"Deatta toki ni koi ni ochite omowazu kimi wo dakishimeteita
Sonna boku ni warainagara 'baka ne' to karuku kisu shite
Daremo ga deai to wakare no naka de
Tashika na ai ni kizuiteiku

Kimi ni aitakute dare yori mo aitakute
Hajimete kimi ni atta hoshizora no shita de
Kimi ni tsutaetai todokanai omoi demo
Boku no kokoro wa mada kimi wo sagashiteiru"

Gackt continue with the lovely instrumental break. You couldn't help but take every note in. The whole experience almost made you think you were dreaming. By surprise, Gackt had joined in singing again. The two of you harmonized together:

"Itsuka wa atarimae no you ni

Wakare ga kuru koto wakatteita no ni

Kimi ni aitakute dare yori mo aitakute
Wasureru koto nante dekiyashinai kara
Kimi no tame nara sou kimi no tame nara...

Mou ichido kono te wo tsunaide hoshii
Itusmo tsunaida te wa atatakakatta"

As he finished playing the piano, you realized something. He didn't need the music sheets! He knew the whole song already!